Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 01:53PM

So my youngest son is 21 and I have given him two pieces of counsel and one of them is what I want to tell ya'all about.

Just for curosity sake the first one was this. You can have all the sex you want son, but if you make a baby before you are ready to by accident I will kick your ass so hard you will have to unzip your pants to take a drink, and if you get an STD because you are just too lazy or too stupid to protect yourself you get to live with that and it is possible that you will live with it for the rest of your life.

The second was this. DO NOT under any circumstances even consider dating a mormon girl. Now some may think that a little harsh, but just remember that is what mormons teach their kids. I know this because I when I was a teenager I was absolutely not allowed to date any girl who was not a member of the church, and that came from counsel from the profit according to my parents.

Consider this. My best friend has a son basically the same age as my youngest. He is a great kid and he has decide for himself that he does not want anything to do with the morg. Since they didn't go to church much growing up he even took the missionary discussions so that he would be more informed. Then he starts dating this little gal and over the course of time has fallen in love with her. She has been inactive most of her life. Her birth mother is in jail because of drugs and alcohol and her father is remarried. Daddy dearest is one of those fanatical morgbots.

Recently she mentioned to her wonderful loving daddy that she was thinking about marrying my best friend's son and as a side note mentioned that he was not a mormon. Well, that was all it took for all hell to break loose. Daddy has now disowned her. He has changed all the locks on the house, told her to come get her personal belongings out of his house(she has been living on her own for several years now), and he has told her he does not know her. He is using all the guilt and agressive tactics he can find to guilt her into leaving my best friend's son because he isn't a mormon.

Keep in mind this girl has been inactive most of her life but now daddy has shown his true colors. Because of what happened with her mom I guess she was pretty close to daddy growing up and this is really hurting her. As things stand right now my best friend's boy has two choices. First join the church to make daddy dearest happy or leave the girl he loves because it looks like she isn't going to marry him until daddy dearest gives his approval. Oh and by the way daddy said he would get a restraining order to keep my best friend's boy from even going close to his house.

His life currently is screwed up royally because he dated a mormon girl. Even though she was completely inactive at the time they started dating and still is, the church has screwed up his life.

My advice to my son stands. DO NOT under any circumstances date a mormon girl even if she is completley inactive. Just stay away from mormon girls, period.

So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:03PM

I hate hearing stories like this. It blows me away that the church does not say anything officially about shunning family.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:12PM

The church may not officially teach shunning, but as you say, they don't come out and condem it either.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:34PM

If TSCC didn't condone shunning they would come out and condemn it in general conference as abhorrent because it is. They keep their mouths shut about things they like to see happen so they will continue and it covers their back so they can deny it whenever someone confronts them directly in an interview. Fewy! They are scum in Brooks Brothers suits.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:17PM

Who would want to chance ending up with a wife who thinks of her 'virtue' as a cupcake to be licked and forever spoiled?

I mean, some women escape without hangups about sex, but I suspect the vast majority don't.
I got out as early as I could, and saw a bit of the truth even when I was a child, but even I didn't escape all the pervasive shame messages. I think I'm much better functioning than your average Molly, though!

Posted by: Agreement 100% ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:18PM

I too have taught my kids that dating Mormons will just lead to heartache. Then again, I've told my kids to avoid dating ANY cult members so it's not just Mormons.

Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:25PM

My daughter, who is only a freshman in high school, has already decided on her own she'll never seriously date or marry a "Mormon boy." Hope she sticks with that.

Posted by: Steve the Fourth ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 03:49PM

Another reason not to date Mormons is the divorce rate of 41%.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.