Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 04:55PM

At an early age, probably about 6, I asked my mother if God knew my thoughts. I had been thinking that He could probably hear me talk and see me act, but wished that my thoughts were private even from Him, as it seemed most just that I should have at least that to myself. After many decades, I have decided that my mother was wrong when she said He knew my thoughts.

I have become a Freethinker. There should be no worry about anyone knowing your thoughts! Each person is alone in his mind, and free to think as he will. Of course, one can guide thinking to what she thinks is good, as that produces happiness.

Everyone should read or listen to Col. Robert G. Ingersoll, the man who exemplified The Golden Age of Freethought. This period rather surprisingly occurred during the Victorian Age. It is surprising how much of what he said applies to today's world!

http://librivox.org/lectures-of-col-r-g-ingersoll-vol-1-by-robert-green-ingersoll/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 05:09PM by rationalguy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.