Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: whereami ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 05:34PM

OK--so I've been lurking on these boards for a while now, quietly enjoying your company and thoughts as I struggle with my own church problems.
There is a problem I'm facing that maybe some of you have some thoughts on; my fourteen year old son.
My son is a polite kid (called SOBER by our ward leaders) and he would go to church EVERY week if I told him to. But I haven't been going regularly for about 5 years now. You guys know the drill and I don't want to be redundant about why I don't go (mostly its due to business and wanting ONE day to relax as I'm a fulltime student and have four kids)
Lately this kid, my sons Deacon President (my son just turned 14) has been harassing my kid at school about his church attendance. I don't know if you'd call it bullying, but I'm ready to bully his parents if this kid dont stop. (j/k) but seriously though--is this even legal in a school setting?
I probably haven't helped the situation because a month ago he started calling at an absurdely early hour (to which I didnt answer or return call) and I brushed him off as annoying. But now he is showing up on our doorstep around 8am on Sunday. My husband is pretty mad and so am I--and as such I don't want to make any moves being so upset. This kid tells my son he will pick him up on Sunday--he will walk with him, dont you want to learn to pass sacrament (when my son HAS many times--the nerve!) move on to the next class, etc. I'm tired of these people telling MY son to be disobedient to ME because they think they are right. SO self-righteous. His parents actually brought the boy to our house today to pick my kid up--HELLOO??? I dont even KNOW these people--let alone hand over my son (pedophile?) Anyways--I dont know who or what to do or go to to tell them to back off. If we want to go to church (sometimes) WE will be bringing him. Any of you know what the best way to handle this is because we are sure tired of this boy harassing our son. Thank you so much for any helpful responses!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 05:42PM

Should be in the ward directory. Call him up and tell him to have this kid back off. Tell him that if he doesn't you will go to the school and complain of bullying. In fact maybe an email to both the YMs president and the bishop. The school will take you seriously because I'm sure that in todays climate it has a zero tolerance policy about bullying. Give the kid a chance to back off though. He is only doing what he was taught.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.