Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon gray haired man ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:09PM

In his 20's?
In his 30's?
In his 40's?

Any age?

Does his profession make it sexier? Like if he's a doctor or attorney or a plumber?

Post Mormon life now and want to start dating again. Just wondering if I should start using just for men?

What do you ladies think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:11PM

I can't speak for the ladies, but in answer to your questions, in my opinion:

No
No
No

No

No No

Yes

N/A

Steve

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:13PM

Maybe when he gets a little older, although I've seen premature gray 30 year olds. If you're in your 40's + then I think it looks good.

I guess it depends on the look you're going for though.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:14PM

I personally don't like it. If you do get it dyed though, get it done professionally because the stuff out of the box often looks fake.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:15PM

I don't yet know for myself, as I am 62 and haven't gotten any gray hair yet. It's still dishwater blond and plentiful. I think gray hair can look good on a man, but it depends on other factors. A gray comb-over, not so much. David O. Mckay looked good with his gray and plentiful hair, IMHO. It tends to add gravitas and authority.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:16PM

For me it depends. And I couldn't say on what.
I've seen men with grey hair that looked sexy and I've seen some that don't.

Posted by: Good Witch ( )

Yes
Yes
Yes

Yes

No
No

Good luck!

My DH is 1/2 NA, 1/2 French. His hair is a little salt and pepper, and his beard and mustache are almost all white. YUM!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 04:17PM by Good Witch.

Posted by: jacob ( )

Maybe a more important question, are young balding men super hot or what?

P.S. If you say or what than you are a bigot who's taste in shiny foreheads is easily dismissed.

Posted by: Good Witch ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:30PM

Oh come on! I don't know a single woman who doesn't think Jean-Luc Picard isn't sexy!

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:18PM

Posted by: mia ( )

I've had white hair since I was 40. I like it.

I think it looks strange when men dye their hair. If you want to go down that road, have it done professionally. I've known men who do it themselves, and it's usually too dark and looks like a wig.

Posted by: elaine ( )

I think men (and women) need to stop paying attention to all the ads on television that are trying to convince everyone that if you aren't young and beautiful and perfect, then you just aren't worthy of anything. All they're doing is lying to try to sell you their products.

And, to answer the specific question, a man can be just as sexy with gray hair as with any other color hair. In fact, they are often sexier once they go gray. To cite just one famous example, I never found Richard Gere attractive at all until he went gray. He's still not at the top of my list, but he looks a lot better now than he did before, in my opinion.

My advice is to just step away from the "just for men".

Posted by: EXON46 ( )

Sometimes it is. Sometimes not.
Anderson Cooper is sexy.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:21PM

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:21PM

oh yeah, if dying your hair means you no longer look like Anderson Do. Not. Do. It.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:22PM

My opinion: Do not use hair for men. Gray hair is sexy on men. As far as doctor/lawyer, no offense but for me, no. If I were single I would stay away from both. The first because he is on call all the time and the second because of the ethics challenge. My husband is young with full head of gray hair and he is very good looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 04:24PM by suckafoo.

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:27PM

Very sexy! Dyed hair is a huge turn off IMHO.

Posted by: srena nli ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:29PM

Posted by: Chhicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:37PM

Two words: Steve Martin.

Well, at least he's funny....

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:45PM

Gray hair on your head, fine. Very sexy.

Beard and mustache? Time to shave that sh** off your face! :>)

My personal preference. Your mileage may vary.

Posted by: Cantdoit ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:47PM

The hair doesn't matter much, unless you have a crazy hair style, the rest of you does. If you want a successful dating career get in really good shape. I am not sure your age, but I can tell you the good looking ladies in thier 30's-40's like guys that take care of themselves and are fit. Most guys in this age group have let themselves go, plus they were married to someone probably with a big gut and lazy (we can never do enough around the house). They want something different, and fun to fuck (even the divorced TBM girls will put out in a couple dates). There's my two cents...

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:49PM

I'm a 20 year old girl and I think gray hair is very sexy. Profession doesn't really matter...as long as he puts effort into himself, stays active and healthy- yes please.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:55PM

I saw a dude last week in his 20s who had obviously gone through the trouble of dying his hair gray, and not well, and he had a babyface and just looked silly.

Me, I keep my sandy blonde hair short, like a 1.5-2 at any given time. I abhor the thought of maintaining a hairstyle. I hope I go bald like Picard someday...

Posted by: exrldsgirl ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 04:59PM

My husband is 5 years younger than I am, and he has WAY more gray hair than I do. It looks great on him.

I am going to disagree with the poster who said that gray facial hair needs to be shaved off. My husband's beard has some gray in it now and I love it.

But since you're not dating me, my opinion probably doesn't matter much.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 05:00PM

The operative word here is HAIR. Lots of hair. Full heads of hair. Full heads of hair on a man is VERY sexy, no matter what the age, no matter what the color. I thought David. O. McKay was VERY sexy, even when I was a little girl. Loved his hair.

But I think totally bald or bald with the sides buzzed (especially on a guy with a great physique) is more sexy than extremely thinning gray that a guy is desperately trying to hold on to.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 05:02PM

I think it depends, but for.the most part grey hair is distinguishing and sexy.

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 05:12PM

What I am taking away from this is if you are fat, it doesn't matter how much hair you have. If you have an athletic build it doesn't seem to matter either. So if you are going for the superficial ladies then get slim and athletic or you don't stand a chance.

By the way, superficially speaking, beauty really is only skin deep and many of the most loving caring most amazing people you will ever meet come in bodies that are clothed in some extra pounds. I'm not making a blanket statement here because there are plenty of slim athletic people who are loving and caring and amazing but what I am trying to say is that if you limit yourself to the superficial, you are limiting yourself dramatically. Try seeing past the superficial you might just be astounded at what you find.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 05:35PM

I really don't mind guys that are overweight. The 2 things I look for are #1. Is he funny and does he have a healthy sense of humor? And #2. Is he a good lay?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 05:14PM

Depends. If he is "sexy" -- good looking to start with, a little grey hair doesn't hinder that.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 05:14PM

Let me just put it this way:

Do you really want to look like Billy Mays? (RIP) I don't know about other women, but his unnaturally non gray hair color kind of scared me.

Sexy is an attitude, a type of confidence in yourself that is neither wildly unrealistic nor obsessively worried about what others think of you. It's the belief you have something to offer, without letting arrogance blind you or insecurity cripple you. IMHO, if you're trying too hard to be "sexy" or use superficial methods of attaining it, people are going to know you're faking it.

Let your hair be what color it's going to be. I think another poster had better suggestions for success in upping the physical attractiveness factor: very few people seem to mind dating someone who is in good physical shape.

Keep in mind, however, that you can have a hot body and still be anything but sexy because...people's individual tastes and preferences are widely variable.

When I was 20, I was on a first date with a "hottie": about 22, six pack kind of physique, blonde, hazel eyes, chiseled jaw, and all that. I found him dull and tedious more than sexy. He was primarily interested in talking about himself, didn't read, and generally came off as shallow, arrogant and ignorant. If he'd been a great conversationalist, an avid reader and seemed a bit more interested and curious in a wide variety of topics, I think I probably would've slept with him - even without the six packs or traditional good looks. As it was, after dinner I feigned extreme tiredness to avoid pressure for sex on the first date. The next time I talked to him on the phone, I tried to let him down easy by saying I was still getting over my ex. This guy was totally eye-candy, but I found him about as sexy as a root canal.

When I met my DH a year later, he was not my type. Yet he had enough self-confidence and sense of identity that a few weeks later that didn't matter, and he was blowing my socks off. 22 years and plenty of gray later, it's even better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 05:15PM by frogdogs.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 05:30PM

If you are over 40, it's really sexy. What isn't sexy is a dye job that doesn't look completely natural. That just looks creepy, oily, and like a snake oil salesman.

Joseph Smith definitely would have dyed his hair. If you decide to go that route, spend whatever it takes to make it look natural and think about leaving just enough grey that it looks real.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 05:30PM by CA girl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.