Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 11:14PM

On the lighter side, yet another nonsensical and irrelevant post.

I tell my daughter she spends too much time on Tumblr and youtube, however, I seem to spend much of my free time here on Exmo.

Although I like to say that it has therapeutic value and watching stupid cat videos does not.

Hypocrite? Perhaps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 11:19PM

We're all hypocrites because we're all human.

And cat videos have loads of value, dammit!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 11:24PM

my daughter is a Tumblr rock star. She started her own page and has several followers now. It's a good creative outlet for her and I watch what she posts to make sure it stays on topic and is appropriate. I think nowadays we just have to accept our kids doing online stuff.

I did write up an agreement though about her internet use. She knows that I read all of her blogs and messages on her phone. So far, it works pretty well.

I am online ALL of the time. I work at home and all of my classes this semester are online so I am constantly online even when I don't want to be. I do try to limit the amount of time she is online, but when she is, I make it very clear that I'm watching.

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 11:25PM

^ Agreed, I just grumbled to my wife that she always loses her car keys and then lost BOTH sets to my Honda last week, along with the front door lock, one of our lock boxes and backdoor keys....

I also think that certain things have value to others while other things don't. My wife likes to knit and watch dramas, while I like to read and play the piano. Neither of us likes each other's hobbies but ultimately since we know we're different people, we live happily together, unless I am practicing while she's watching a drama.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: March 21, 2013 12:37AM

So sorry for knocking the cat videos!

Yep, we all have our own things, definitely. I still think she spends too much time online though - do something, dammit!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.