Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 01:29AM

This afternoon we got bored after watching the Broncos game and left to go for a drive. There on the porch was a note, in an envelope with our names on it. No return address of course. (Why do the NEVER put who it's from on the outside?) We'd been home all day but no one bothered to knock on the door. The note was from the Elder's quorum president, whom we barely know, saying how much he admired our family and what nice people he thought we were.

Seriously Kyle? What is it you admire about us exactly? Our ability to keep to ourselves? Our lack of testimony? The way we allow our children their free agency, even if that means they ditch everything at church? The way we routinely allow others to expand their service opportunities by forcing them to do our share of the church janitorial work? The good sense we show in avoiding our arrogant jackwagon of a bishop? This note might have been a nice gesture if it weren't from a VIRTUAL STRANGER!!

I'll just file this where I filed similar notes from Bishop Jackwagon to my son telling him God was so disappointed in him for missing church. And where I put the many notes from sisters who served while I was in the Primary presidency, who left notes taped to my door outlining their complete meltdowns because their son didn't get his Arrow of Light since the Webelos leader was stupid or some other earth shattering drama. Or the note from my Mormon neighbor that she dropped by one Christmas day because she took offense at the neighbor gifts we gave out (don't ask - I'm still traumatized by that one). If only I could return them and get a whopping $4.00 for each note, like I returned the anonymous "BELIEVE" blocks that appeared on our doorstep one Christmas season, just a few weeks after we foolishly explained our questions about the church to Bishop Jackwagon. Well, at least in that case, the big spender made an involuntary contribution to the Salvation Army with the money I got on the return and someone, somewhere at least got a warm meal out of it.

All I get out of it is a sick feeling in my stomach when I see something taped to my door - especially if there is no return address.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shamdango ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 02:27AM

He should be easy enough to locate. Simply copy and paste your rant into a text document, print, place in an envelope, and then drop it off at his house.

Oh, and I hate BELIEVE blocks, too. :) We should come up with cool blocks like OBSERVE or HERE&NOW or something.

Shamdango

Date: October 04, 2010 09:32AM

and bought letters that spelled: THINK. I painted them the same colors as the believe blocks and stuck them up on our fireplace. They are there now. My TBM DH just sighed. He's very tolerant.

Posted by: Emanon (not logged in) ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 09:28PM

Posted by: mossface ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 06:47PM

I want a "DOUBT" block. Or maybe a "QUESTION" block.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 05:11AM

Date: October 04, 2010 09:35AM

Posted by: beeblequix ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 10:48AM

You can't spell "BELIEVE" without "EVIL". I'm just sayin'....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 10:48AM by beeblequix.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 11:52AM

I've been getting notes too,of course with no return address. I know who they are from though because I recognize the writing. One talked about getting back up after you are down.And doing the right thing. I debate sending her a note back...but I probably won't. Don't want to play their game.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 04:54PM

1. Get as many e-mail address of ward members as you can.
2. Compose a generic letter.

Dear Elders Quorum President and all members, Relief Society President and all members and whoever else would like to know what’s going on.

Well here it is: we are officially inactive by choice. We have chosen to send our time in pursuit of activates we actually enjoy. We are not struggling with sin, nor have we left over some perceived slight. We just no longer want to spend Sunday through Saturday running around in the endless loop of ward activities and meeting that leave little or no time for personal pursuits. We have decided that we are capable of running our own lives and do not need the Church to schedule, structure and instruct us every day of the week.

We do not need rescue; we don’t need you to go over you membership and attendance lists and finding us absent, feel the need to ‘contact’ us. We are not lost sheep, thank you very much and we know where the damn Church is and what time meetings start. We didn’t get lost on the way there. We don’t need cute little reminders about how much people we barely know ‘miss us’ at Church and how God is disappointed in us for missing Church. We are not unhappily sitting around trying to figure out how to return to activity. Rest assured that God will not be let down because you failed to find us, save us and return us to the flock.

So just stop it…..stop contacting us, stop trying to fix us and stop worrying about us. You all have enough to manage with you own lives and are more confused and misguided than well ever be and yet you don’t see me putting notes on your door, calling a telling you how disappointed I am that you’re still in a cult and how much I miss you.

Sincerely the XXXXX family.

If they start getting people responding to their notes, and not liking the response they get, maybe they'll be more wary of putting this unsolicited bull poo out there.

Date: October 04, 2010 04:57PM

they'll knock this off.

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 09:10PM

Posted by: Emanon (not logged in) ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 09:31PM

Me too! Love it!

Date: October 04, 2010 09:57PM

with thinking whatever they want about the inactive situation.

But if these contacts get answered in a negative and confrontational way Mormons won't like that, and they sure don't want and e-mail like the above sent to about half the ward at once.

Bet they don't want to hear that we're glad we missed _____ meeting or activity, because it's a lame waste of time designed to keep us too busy and to involved to think.

Thanks for the affirmations, glad some people like my efforts.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 05:22PM

Therefore, what they're doing is legally termed trespassing and harassment.

There's nothing more offensive to me than mormon cultists who ruin a Christmas or a birthday with an unwanted intrusion.

One Christmas Eve, which is also my wedding anniversy, DH bellowed, flipped off, and CHASED a priesthood guy off our porch, across the yard, and into his car in the street. We're not sure, but we think the foil wrapped and ribboned gift for us in his shaking hand might have been a Book of Mormon. At least DH said it was the right shape and thickness.

Date: October 04, 2010 09:09PM

I'm betting it is a doozy! I just can't imagine that kind of rudeness, but then I can't imagine a lot of what is actually true about Mormons!!

Please share!

Date: October 05, 2010 01:13AM

One year our ward in Utah decided, without asking anyone, that no one was to give neighbor gifts at Christmas. Instead, we all had to bring cans of food to some sister's house for the food bank. This is not entirely a bad idea but there was no choice in the matter and I prefer to decide who I give gifts to at Christmas, thank you very much. And it bugged me that so many sisters in the ward were loudly cheering the fact they didn't have to get neighbors gifts any more. Sure enough, only non-LDS friends brought anything by that Christmas, except for this one next door neighbor and the people across the street who always brought by a little note that said they'd contributed money to the Utah Food Bank in our name. They had done this for the past few years, even prior to the ward's decision.

I was torn - the Food Bank was such a worthy cause but I didn't want the people I usually bought a little Christmas token for to go totally unnoticed, even though most knew what was going on. So I followed the example of the people across the street and just dropped a little card by our friends houses, saying Merry Christmas and that instead of a gift, I donated to the food bank in their name.

On Christmas day, the doorbell rings. It was the next door neighbor. She handed a note to my then 5 year old and said "Give this to your mother" and stormed off. It was a full page letter reaming me about how awful I was to drop that card by their house, rubbing my charity in their faces, and how crass and bad-mannered I was to act so self-righteous. It went on and on and was unbelievably mean - and of course she had to deliver it on Christmas day, to compound the nastiness. I went to her house and explained I just didn't want her to feel forgotten that holiday season and you should have SEEN the look of shock on her face. That never occurred to her. We made up and were nice enough to each other after that but mostly I gave her a very wide berth for as long as we lived in that ward.

Date: October 05, 2010 01:37AM

It seems some people just live to find a chance to explode at someone - anyone! I have a sister like that, so you can bet that has been a real trip over the years.

I think you handled it very well. I'm with you. What I give or do not give and to whom is a personal decision. Of course since TSCC doesn't believe in personal decisions, it should not be surprising that they would take over!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:53AM

BEE VILE

Posted by: Anon for this please ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 11:00AM

Someone left a letter taped to our front door, addressed to us, saying we'd been 'assigned' to clean the chapel on the day before general conference.

The thing is, while my significant other was baptized LDS at 8, but stopped going since about 18, and I've never once stepped foot in their church, it puzzled me as to why we got that letter. Then I got angry at the audacity. So I called the numbers included and gave them a piece of my mind.

My S.O. said I could have been more polite, but I said that they do not respond to polite, that politeness leads to them perceiving us as doormats and they'll feel they can step all over us as they please in future.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 11:13AM

It took me years of maltreatment before I realized that mormons see their rudeness as faith pormotion and my polite responses as affirmation that I'm a chump.

For me the breaking point was when after over thirty years of saying no, a stranger phoned to assign me to bring a hot dish to some local mormon cult event. I had never met a single person who would be there and had never set foot in any mormon church in the state where this happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 11:18AM by Cheryl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.