Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 03:52PM

Has anyone ever ratted on you to the bishop and then the bishop called you in on the carpet to confess?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 03:54PM

My goal would be to make the bishop feel hauled onto the carpet when I was done.

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 04:14PM

I only blew the whistle once when I was barely active in the church barely starting out with the Aaronic priesthood. That's only because when I was single, very horny, early 20's and I wasn't allowed to serve sacrament because of doing my best to be honest to my bishop about a minor masturbating problem, while this other guy I knew for sure was high on marijuana just before he came to church to serve sacrament. I was pissed off and it felt like a huge slap in the face for this guy being allowed to pass the sacrament around while on dope. He smelled of it and acted like he was. I know the effects because I used it several times previous years and was around others who did it in high school. Not all the time though, just several times the entire 4 years of high school. I knew enough to say the least.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 04:23PM

who tattled to the bishop. One time, on me, and it was so petty, I walked out of the meeting.
The trick was to twist someone's words, take something personally that was not even directed at them, and be ...horrors.... constantly offended over the slightest thing.
Adults too, who were emotionally -- children!
Jr High stuff: gossiping, telling tales, spreading lies, adn on and on.
I wondered if some I knew (usually grown women) ever got past age 15.

Posted by: onlyme ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 04:26PM

Two that I witnessed while sitting in a bishopric or ward council meeting in the past year or so:

1) New family moved in to the ward and had a coffee maker among their posessions. The bishop decided to wait a while before giving them callings to see if the coffee maker was something to be concerned about or not.

2) A neighbor thought they saw their member neighbor outside smoking.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 04:31PM

While living with my cousin, a female TBM, people in the singles ward apparently didn't know we were cousins and told the singles ward bishop on both of us. I wasn't even in his ward(MY bishop knew both me and my cousin) but this ass-wipe called me into his office. I thought it was going to be a friendly invite to the singles ward and turned into an attempted chastisement. As a fresh off the mission RM what it did for me was seriously piss me off.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.