Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 10:44AM

My wife bought up the point a couple of days ago about how the church still holds an exmo man in higher regards than an exmo woman.
Her case was that my best friend (TBM) still checks us off every month for being home taught. NO, the teaching part doesn't happen ever, but we do see each other several times a month through golf or lunch. My wife wondered how or if her name was ever brought up in the meetings.(I know mine has because he tells me everything that is said). The woman just seems to be cast off.
Are there any couples that left together and have seen this same pattern?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 10:58AM

So there's a possibility your situation is more about that than some kind of LDS institutional attitude. Of course, there's the belief that priesthood holders are the grand poobahs of the family, so if they can get the guy back the wife and kids will follow.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:02AM

My VT was one of my old friends from the ward and I "allowed" ONLY HER to visit me--not 2-some. After she passed away, I was bombarded. I also had HT assigned and reassigned and reassigned and I had to keep telling them no. After all--I was a single mother. I didn't have priesthood in the home.

BUT interesting how everyone still loves my ex (he lives here)--they kind of "fawn" over him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.