Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:22AM

My parents came out to visit this week. They've been on their best behavior, so it hasn't been that bad. I expected far worse, based on previous visits.

Anyway, this morning I went into the pantry to give my cat some of his catnip and I couldn't find it. I always put it back in the same place. My mother had seen me give it to him earlier in the week, and we had had some discussion about it.

I looked all through the pantry and all over the house. Then I found it in the trash. It seems odd that she would do that, because she had asked why I don't just get a catnip plant. It's dried and in a little plastic tub. Maybe she thinks its cat weed?

I can't stop laughing, and I just wanted to share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 10:22AM by Makurosu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:41AM

I can understand having to hide the catnip from the cat (I have to do the same thing). But, from your mother? Give my cats access to a catnip plant, and they well eat the plant down to the ground. If you grow the plant outside in the garden, it will attract all the cats in the neighborhood. I've grown catnip in a pot but the plant gets weedy after awhile.

Date: April 05, 2013 11:01AM

I had wondered what would happen. I think my cat would dig up a catnip plant.

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 07:18AM

In reading your story I just had to share. When the missionaries paid me a surprise visit a year or so ago (at that time I knew the church was bogus), they came in and sat down and there lying on the floor were 2 bags of catnip - along with some of her toys, so to me it looked normal. BUT, the looks the missionaries had on their faces. They kept talking and looking at it. I could just tell they were wondering if it wasn't real weed by the look on their face. Pure joy in my heart...hehe. :)

Posted by: janebond462 (NLI) ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:44AM

That is funny!

We all know catnip is a gateway drug! Pretty soon, your cat will forgo the catnip and start to seek out cat crack. Though the lack of opposable thumbs will make it hard for kitty to hold the crack pipe . . . :-)

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:50AM

LOL LOL....ROTF.....LMFAO...Love this..LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:16PM by Susan I/S.

Date: April 05, 2013 11:00AM

LOL! That's right. But worst of all is the condemnation to my mother, should she allow said evil catnip to remain untrashed in her son's home if she has the opportunity to make matters right.

Catnip is the gateway drug for cats! That was funny.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 11:03AM

WTH? I would be pissed if one of my parents did that. I guess it was just too tempting for her lol

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 11:05AM

That's so terrible that you give him catnip. Don't you know he will become lazy and lethargic, and never be able to get a job or an education now that you got him hooked on the nip?

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 11:08AM

Ain't it great being older than your parents?

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 12:09PM

Perhaps you missed the verse in D&C 89 where it talks about the Word of Wisdom applying to animals. You know. Crack is whack and catnip is the slippery slope to your cat wearing tie-dye, refusing to shower, eating Cheetos and M&Ms all day, and following the Grateful Dead around on tour.

She's just saving your cat from himself. You should thank her. Poor stoner kitty.

(ETA: My cat goes wild over things that sat next to the catnip in the cabinet. He is that much of a hard-core 'nip junkie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 12:09PM by dogzilla.

Posted by: Bob Barker ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 04:34PM

I find those dreadlocked kittens so sad...Rastafelinian?

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 06:48PM

OMG, that is hysterically funny! Kitty eating Cheetos & M&M's all day . . . . <snort>

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 12:12PM

The real question is: is your cat wearing garment-appropriate modest clothes?

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 04:03PM

LOL! Poor Kitty! Here is a song to help calm poor Kitty's nerves, courtesy of Sheldon Cooper, (The Big Bang Theory)

Soft Kitty Warm Kitty
Little Ball of Fur!
Soft Kitty Warm Kitty
Purr Purr Purr!

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 04:17PM

Hahahaha, FLC.
I wonder if catnip could help Sheldon.

Damn, Mak. I never thought of you as a kitt-enabler. Thank Mormon Heavenly Father your mom was there to ensure kitty becomes CK-worthy since you, obviously, have dropped the ball. ;-)

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 04:40PM

LOL! Catnip= gateway drug for felines= no ck for you! ROFLMFAO

Date: April 05, 2013 05:29PM

Hehee! Another Sheldon-related kitty nugget:

Leonard: Sheldon don't you know if you were to die in there with all those cats and no cat food, they'd eat you??

Sheldon: Oh Leonard, you don't have to sell me on cats. I'm already a fan.

LOL

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 05:38PM

FormerLatterClimber you got the song wrong.

Soft Kitty
Warm Kitty
Little ball of fur

Happy Kitty
Sleepy Kitty
Purr Purr Purr

And hell Mak, if that is all that happens this trip it is a GREAT trip!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:38PM by Susan I/S.

Date: April 05, 2013 05:42PM

Haha! I got it wrong -- blasphemy!
Busted Susan! You may now bear your Sheldon Cooper testimony :-)

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 04:42PM

This reminds me of when my sister and I went to Santa Fe and we were in one of the shops that carried sage smudge sticks.

She was appalled that they just sold pot right out in the open.

I remember looking at her and saying, 'really you honestly think they'd sell that much pot for 2.50?'

'Well, it's probably the cheap stuff that comes from Mexico'

Oh you got to love people who never live beyond the morg.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 04:47PM

Face it: Your cat was a user and your mom was the only one with the good sense to see it. Off to the Betty Fur Clinic.

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 07:22AM

Mr. Neutron...LOL!

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 04:50PM

Feline WoW rule infraction? Now this is just tragic, TSCC rules affecting other species. Talk about crossing boundaries...

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 05:08PM

My cat is 18 years old and arthritic. I'm trying to find a veterinarian who will write her a prescription for medicinal catnip. I think it would improve her quality of life.

BTW - Cats don't have owners. Cats have staff. They keep us around so we can operate door knobs and can openers.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 07:11AM

So true. It's the dogs that have owners.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 05:43PM

For a while I thought that the word "catnip" was used in place of "weed."

Edit: Having read other posts I now see that many had the similar thoughts. Hah!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:44PM by snb.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 05:45PM

Did she really believe it was catnip? My guess is she thought it was weed. After all, you are a evil ex-mormon, and we all know that when people leave the church they become alcoholic, drug addicted, sex fiends! At least that is what I was taught at church.

Posted by: licoricemoratorium ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 06:34PM

I lived with my TBM in-laws for two months when we were just barely married. They had a couple of cats whom they did not seem to much care for. They fed them horrible quality cat food and gave them no love. So, I took it upon myself to spoil them and got them wet food and catnip as treats.

My mother-in-law made the catnip disappear. I know it. She has a passive-aggressive habit of making items disappear that displease her rather than just being forthcoming. My husband's punk rock t-shirts that didn't pass her approval would just never come back from the laundry.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 04:30AM

I heard a few talks about the WoW in my time, and I NEVER heard a syllable about CATNIP!!

I'm not gonna tell my cats they are on their way down the slippery slope. They are enjoying themselves too much.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 05:23PM

And aren't herbs good for...oh, what the hell am I saying? Like it matters to a TBM, lol.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.