Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:44PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 12:32AM

Studying militant Islam in 1996 made my shelf crack (long before AlQaidah!)

I thought..."if one can have not enough faith (that's easy to envision), then one can conversely have too much faith...(a little harder to see.)

I once found myself considering that these Islamist extremists were crazy for their willingness to kill others for their belief in their religion, and I thought "damn thats a lot of faith in a broke-dick religious system..."

Then I remembered temple fun: "I promise to give my time, talents, and everything, to include giving my life to the establishment of the kingdom of god on earth and the building up of Zion...etc." (sorry, cant remember that crapola verbatim) But I understood that as a Mormon, I should be faithful and willing to give my life in any manner as requested of me...or I otherwise lacked faith...and certainly did not have the faith of those Islamist militants and their penchant for religious glory.

Then I said..."oh hell no would I ever kill myself for the church, no way, no how!!" And then I realized that my faith was NOT sufficient for salvation...I gasped...and then I heard a crack...about 10 years later the shelf fell to the floor.

Sabhan Allah At-t'allah Izzzz wa Jill wAl-Hamduillah Rabbil-Alamayn, as-salat wa-aslam 'ala annabi Muhammad wa allah aSshabihi alkhlafa' al-rashidin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2013 12:36AM by Yaqoob.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 01:08AM

"Rather than do so, I would suffer my life to be taken."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.