Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cytokine ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 08:53AM

I've read a lot of summaries here about awful things TBM acquaintances have done to us through semi-private media like Facebook, email, texts, etc.

Wouldn't it be helpful to post exact quotes from our acquaintances' messages in places where all the (online) world has a chance to seem them? Detailed posts to this board, for example, come up in Google searches, but Facebook and email messages do not. If a message or true story can be converted to a YouTube video, that's helpful too, because YouTube videos tend to rank high in Google searches.

LDS Church teachings and Mormons' behavior are sufficiently embarrassing to undermine, to some degree, the church's efforts to persuade the public that "we're a force for great good in this world, but terribly misunderstood". I prefer to post exact quotes, so there's less chance of a church defender claiming persecution, exaggeration, etc.

Do you have a preferred way of telling the world what Mormons really do and believe?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 12:14PM

I made it clear to my family that whenever they send me pro-mormon stuff, it gets forwarded to the ex-mormon community and/or my friend who teaches critical thinking at the local junior college. Yes, it stopped.

It also works with mormons who want to preach to me... "This conversation is going to end up on the internet, so choose your words carefully."

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.