Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flyinghigh ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 10:40AM

I can never understand why the Mormon church goes to such great lengths to victimise disillusioned members so much. Here is a recent national news article from the UK, where the church has been granted a court interdict against one of its members.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/mormons-win-banning-order.20711537

There are also situations where disillusioned and struggling members were also banned from even entering the Preston Temple Site, a large complex of public gardens and buildings in Lancashire, England. Instead of being shown some sympathy and understanding, they were treated mainly in an inhumane and unchristian manner from many of the local Priesthood leaders and members who felt so very offended by their presence in such a sacred and holy place. The SP lawyer, at the time, was a particularly unsavoury and brutish character who relished his power and authority and administered it ruthlessly as he saw fit.
Many poor individuals in the church, suffer from the harmful influence of unforgiving church policies, administered by ultra obedient and uncaring church leaders, and sometimes they are pushed into utter despair and into doing even the unthinkable.
These are real tragedies that could be avoided if the Mormon church followed Christ and practiced love and unjudgemental forgiveness. Sadly it fails this test constantly and tragically will continue to do so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Flyinghigh ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 11:00AM

In the newspaper article above, it is interesting to read some of the reader comments about the Mormon church. It is mainly treated with outright suspicion in the UK, as it always keeps itself aloof from the rest of the local churches and also from the local communities. This is particularly so at the Preston Temple site in Chorley, Lancashire, where the Exalted members especially, keep themselves apart and have very little interaction with the local community and indeed are viewed by them with widespread suspicion.

Posted by: kmackie ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 12:20PM

It is very interesting to watch them react to situations,i live in Scotland and was a member for 32 years,i resigned 4 years ago,the day i resigned i lost all but one friend,all the others were too afraid to associate with me ( an apostate) as when they are interviewed for a reccommend to go to the temple ,one of the questions is about affiliating with persons or groups who are against or don't believe any longer.

They go to extraordinary lengths to keep the members from anyone or organisation which would speak freely on subjects they don't agree with,they are unforgiving,relentless and totally brainwashed,it is so sad to see what they do to members,as for working with other churches,thats a no no.

Posted by: MrZ ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 01:58PM

I have had exmormon parents since my teenage years. The bishop always clarified with.. do I support/affiliate myself with their cause or movement. They never had a cause or movement other than newage goop. And there are plenty of newagers in the church so, who cares.

Posted by: smoteheadofshiz ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 04:07PM

I believe that question was originally just to make sure that the person being interviewed did not associate with the FLDS Church or other apostate groups. But it is phrased in such a way that it seems like you will fail the interview question if you are even FRIENDS with a disaffected Mormon.

Bishops who know their shit MIGHT change the phrasing of the question like your parents' bishop did, but most of them probably will not.

As the phrasing of the question is very confusing, you'd think TSCC would change it, but as it keeps most of the sheep wrongly thinking that they'll be cast out for associating with exmos, the Morg has no reason to rephrase it.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 02:03PM

Because they are HAPPY, dammit!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 02:25PM

This brings up the topic of malicious prosecution. Another big weapon used by brainwashed church members and by the church itself.

Malicious prosecution happens when a person lies or manipulates the facts, so they can get the police and the courts to take actions to punish someone who has not broken any laws of the land. I've seen this crime perpetrated by active church members in several different cases involving people who I know, because the church members who are commiting the falsehood can't separate the difference between real laws and church rules, and they believe so much that the person should be punished, that they feel completely justified in lieing to police and courts, or doing what ever it takes to get someone falsely prosecuted. This is just one more reason why the mormon cult is dangerous.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.