Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogermartim ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 02:42PM

I've never seen GC before as a no-mo. I have BYU on my cable and so I decided to take a peek. I caught the last hour of it. Here are some thoughts.

Is it Whitney Clayton or some such? He spoke about marriage, how sacred it is, the rewards that it reaps, ad nauseam. Has it ever entered his mind once that this perfect marriage that he speaks of was something that the founding prophet, Joseph Smith, did not give a rat's ass about? The same could be said of Brigham Young and subsequent presidents.

In this hour's time, the word "obedience" was mentioned far many more times than the word Jesus.

I remember as a kid I liked this pink candy, very sugary and I always ended up with a headache. That's what I got this afternoon looking at the women in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in that sea of pink. Among the women, I searched in vain for a gray hair. Lady Clairol must be a bestseller among them. The men, less so, but I would bet that Grecian Formula is swept off the shelves at WalMart in SLC. The camera made sure that it panned on the one or two black faces to celebrate diversity. What a crock!

Lastly, and another Grecian formula user, Thomas Monson, little did I know that he was an arsonist. What was the point of the story?

I don't think that I will ever watch another GC again, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 04:47PM

Which is why they don't generally advertise the conference outside Utah for non Mormons. It's a semi-annual indoctrination session for the members!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.