Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GetTheLedZepOut ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 05:46PM

This sounds like someone I need to investigate. Where would y'all suggest as the first exposure to Hitch?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: srena nli ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 05:52PM

I didn't agree with him about everything, but what a fascinating, brilliant man.

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 05:57PM

There isn't really an easy way to work into Hitch's stuff - he was a polemicist of the highest order (which I love). There are many, many YouTube clips you can watch and enjoy - my favorite is the one people put together for his memorial service, as it shows some of the best Hitchslap moments. Read his books, all of them, and start with "god is not great" - it will rock your world. Some people love it, others hate it, but either way it WILL make you think. Once you've gotten enough of Hitch (though that hasn't happened with me yet), go on to Dawkins and Harris - brilliant, both. I especially love watching YouTube clips of Sam Harris - I regard the information he puts out there as irrefutable. He's also wryly funny some of the time. You've got a wealth of marvelous material to dig into - enjoy!

Date: April 07, 2013 05:58PM

It also helps to read Hitch-22, his memoir. I didn't like all of it, but it definitely fleshes out who the man is, where his politics and views on religion come from, and why he was so passionate about those topics.

Posted by: GetTheLedZepOut ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 06:55PM

Thanks much, Cathy. Very interest to hear about your book.

Good luck!

Date: April 07, 2013 06:59PM

Thanks! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.