Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tonto Schwartz ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 06:17PM

I'm sure many of you have wondered how the Jeredites could have spent 344 days being tossed to and fro and over and under the ocean waters on their voyage to America in their miniature submarines with all their animals in the boats and with just one small air hole on the top and one small air hole on the bottom of each boat. Unfortunately, some have been led to reject the BOM because they believe this story is so fantastical and that by the time the Jeredites arrived in the Americas their ships would have been so overflowing with excrement that the smell alone would have killed them.

The Lord has not seen fit to explain this miraculous event and it is not necessary for our salvation, but while watching General Conference today I prayfully pondered this wonderful proof of God's love and I believe with every fiber of my soul that I have the answer. You will recall how King Lamoni's wife said when he was laying down apparently dead that to her he did not stinketh? I believe the Lord made him not stinketh. Do you remember when Lehi's family was travelling in the wilderness and God made their meat sweet so it didn't need to be cooked? Well, I believe that something similar was at play with the Jeredites. I believe that God made the excrement of the Jeredites and their animals sweet so that it did not stinketh and they could eat it. This explains how they could dispose of so much waste generated over a period of almost a year and why they would not have been asphyxiated. Most importantly, it explains why Mormons are still so full of it today.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 06:46PM by Tonto Schwartz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 06:22PM

After only several days Lazurus "stinketh". JS played a game putting that in about Lamoni in the negative. The above OP is a plus 1000!

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 06:32PM

Hey, God can do anything! He's totally, like, MAGIC, man! If it seems impossible, He had to have done it. That's the only explanation! It does indeed explain a lot about Mormons today who often stinketh in their thinketh.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 08:29PM

Maybe the Jaredites could breathe ammonia????

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.