Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 10:39PM

Since they are building so many temples, it would make sense that they are building more MTCs, but Monsoon didn't mention that. He said there are about 68 new missions. Where are these hapless mishies being trained?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 10:47PM

Judging from the trend I've seen with these new BIG temples around the world (just as one example - Rome, where they are building 4 big buildings) it looks like they will be building more MTCs as you suggest.

Personally, I think it would be in the morgs best interest to take 20-40 acres outside of SLC proper, closer to the airport, and build a mega MTC/temple/call center/housing complex. Easier access to the airport, close to Corporate HQ, plenty of room to expand (even though I wish they would shrivel up and die like the hemorrhoids they are), they could then expand YBU into the current space in provo.

A few years ago, they sold the building that the mtc was housed in next to the Tokyo temple. They have been shipping the Japanese mishies from japan to provo for training, then back to Japan for the 2 years. I'll bet they put an MTC in Sapporo when that temple complex gets built.

Posted by: rusty123 ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 11:06PM

KSL had an article saying the church is leasing Raintree Apartments in Provo as an extension to the MTC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 11:06PM by rusty123.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 12:02AM

They are building an MTC in Mexico City.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 09:28AM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 03:43PM

I was thinking more "Monkey Trauma Center"

Posted by: hereticLamanite ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 04:28PM

The new Mexico City MTC is already built. They are re-purposing an LDS owned and operated prep school that's supposed to serve all missions in Latin America, thus re-gaining a big chuck of operating capacity in the Provo MTC. Here's a link to the Mexico City Complex, it's a shame they are turning such a big aschool into a sales training center. https://maps.google.com/?ll=19.53415,-99.150624&spn=0.013812,0.013068&t=h&z=16&iwloc=lyrftr:h,227146836394696317,19.534979,-99.15174

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 05:25PM

Given the fact that army boot camp in 1965 convinced me we did not know how to fight a war (Vietnam), convinced I could develop better weapons, I opted out (the camp was voluntary). My article on how to win was published in March of 1966. I would surely have rebelled in an MTC environment. Being as obstinate as I am, I would still have stayed at the MTC but would have been tossed out and sent to outer darkness.

I find it hard to believe people are so easily brainwashed. Did you ever notice how Mitt Romney "thought"? Reminded me of his dad who ADMITTED being "brain-washed".

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 05:28PM

enoughenoch19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He said there are
> about 68 new missions.

But how many of those are just larger missions carved into smaller pieces? After all, there's only so much planet.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 06:32PM

Why even have a MTC? I didn't learn anything there. I learned everything in the field from my trainer comp. I think missionaries should just report to the mission office. Now the LTC I can see having. So much time so and much money wasted.

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 09:36PM

THe have an MTC in Japan too as well as a couple other countries I hear. I don't know which ones though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.