Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 05:19PM

So back in BY's day it was doctrine that Blacks were fence sitters / not as worthy as whites. Hence they were born with a "curse" of dark skin and were of the seed of Cain. But, church doctrine also stated that children who die before the age of accountability and also mentally handicap people will go straight to the CK because they were so righteous and to pure to live on this earth. So, how did they explain black babies/children that died or black mentally handicap people? Seems like a pretty big discrepancy. I asked about this in my youth and was told it was not pertinent to my eternal salvation and God would explain everything when he comes again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 05:25PM

I don't know that they teach that.....If they do or did, the profit was merely speaking as a man....Most of it, the knowledge is not necessary for your salvation.

In the meantime, we need money for all the new missionaries, so would you please kick it in with your tithing and fast offerings, or place your bank account number in our computer so we can just draw it from your account. And while you are here, can we send someone over to talk about your estate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 05:26PM by deco.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 05:31PM

It will always be so that doctrinal contradictions pop up because all religious doctrine is imaginary. There's no factual grounding that can be used as an anchor, except to make up some more stuff to solve the issue, but then that just adds to the pile and causes more contradictions. Also rather than having wise sages (like the jews) who are attempting to explain and rationalize it, Mormonism has few or no theological intellectuals. They also have a tradition of discouraging exploration, speculation or intellectual inquiry. That's why they fall back on those answers about "not important to salvation" and "We'll know in the next life." This aspect is one of the main things that caused me to part with them. I like inquiry, discussion and skeptical inquiry about everything. I don't fit in at all as a morgbot. I like to think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 05:33PM by rationalguy.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 08, 2013 06:23PM

Like Bill Shakespeare said, when you begin with a lie, you have to invent a "tangled web" of excuses to cover the myriad faults in the lie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.