Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 07:13PM

Oristano, a small town in Sardenia. Good people, good food, far from the mission home in Rome, and a beautiful climate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 07:19PM

It would probably be St George's, Grenada.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:49PM

Puntarenas, a small resort town in Costa Rica with access to a lot of amazing beaches

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 12:11AM

Under the condition that I would be required to do absolutely no work, and could chase girls the whole time, then the one area that I was in that covered UCSD.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 12:23AM

Definitely Nagaoka City in Niigata Prefecture (Japan).

Absolutely beautiful, and reminded me a little of western Oregon.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 02:30AM

Takasu.

A short bike ride to the Genbaku Dome in Hiroshima. A short train ride to Miyajima (which is heaven on earth). We had a real ward (now, that wouldn't play in, of course, but then I felt it was important). We lived in a 2 story house. I was with my sexy-times companion.

I loved that area. Naturally, the douchebag mishPrez transferred me out after only being there 2 months. Dickhead.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 07:16AM

Levi Wrote:
We lived in a 2 story house.
> I was with my sexy-times companion.
>
> I loved that area. Naturally, the douchebag
> mishPrez transferred me out after only being there
> 2 months. Dickhead.

Pray tell, "sexy times" refers to???? ;-)

Date: April 13, 2013 07:19AM

He had a bubble butt.

We used to wrestle.

We were bored.

He had a bubble butt.

Yeah, we had a blast together.

:-)

Date: April 13, 2013 07:23AM

LOL LOL LOL....Glad he didn't feel so guilty as to go to mishie president and rat on you!

Date: April 13, 2013 07:31AM

Very strange, odd, freaky, scary, funny story about this.

We had just ..... played.

We had a DL meeting this day, but him and I stayed at home to, well.....play.

We knew that the mish prez would be there this day.

In Japan, it is acceptable that nobody knocks on doors. Typically, the person at the door, simply opens it, and hollers an "excuse me!" equivalent.

I'm walking from the bedroom to the bathroom to take a shower, I have no garment bottoms on and my garment top is covered in, shall we say "seed".

I am mid-step in the hallway (think the famous photograph of "Bigfoot" pose), the door opens up and who the fuck is standing there? The fuggin mission president! OMFG!

So I hop in the shower and am just shaking. I get out to find my comp now in an interview with the prez behind closed doors. But, the doors are paper, so it's easy to listen in. He never ratted either one of us out. We had planned our stories out ahead of time, and he stuck to our story, and so did I.

Luckily I was moving quick enough that the MP didn't see the cum on me.

Still though.......OMG!

Date: April 13, 2013 07:36AM

"Sexy times" indeed! Indeed!

Levi, you just made my day! LOL

Posted by: Soylent Green ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 01:40PM

Dang Levi, why couldn't you have been my comp???

Posted by: DonQuijote ( )
Date: April 23, 2013 06:10PM

Cerro Azul, Peru without question. We would track to girls laying on their towels on the beach, watch the surfers, climb the hill to watch the dolphins swim down below, and on the other side of the hill there were some really cool Incan ruins to explore. So dang awesome!

Oh and, Elder Castro if you're reading, sorry I blabbed on you for going in the ocean. I should have joined you!

What it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nhoZ2brpU

Date: April 24, 2013 01:19PM

Jonny the Smoke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> St. Vincent.....lovely little island in the east
> Caribbean.

That one was high on my list, but the ZL's were there, so I chose Grenada instead.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 01:46PM

I was only on Greneda for a quick stop over on a flight from St. Vincent or Barbados. Just enough time to get out, walk around a bit and get back on the little airplane.....Liat was the airline if I recall correctly.

Posted by: jjnewbs ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 05:04PM

Never got to Greneda, but I would love to have stayed in either Arima Trinidad or Oistens Barbados loved both those areas

Date: April 24, 2013 05:57PM

Oistins was my last stop before going home. Although I loved B'dos, the mountains and jungles of the volcanic islands had a stronger pull than the coral/limestone islands for me.

Grenada is very much like St. Vincent and St. Lucia, and I would enjoy any of the above equally if you leave the actual missionary experience out of it.

I found the people pretty much delightful on all of the islands.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 23, 2013 07:33PM

It was a log cabin steps from a lake in central Saskatchewan. We were the only Mormons for a hundred miles. We goofed off a lot. We were on the edge of an Indian reserve. We were supposed to proselytize them but they wisely had no interest. There were a couple of hot and lonely governmrnt school teachers I would have liked to have known in the biblical sense. It would have been very easy to go native there.

But I hated my companion. And the flies & mosquitos.

However, the best place in the mission was probably Banff. I was never assigned there, though.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 08:10PM by Stray Mutt.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: April 23, 2013 07:46PM

Assuming a companion that I didn't want to kill... Susanville, CA. That area covered Susanville, Janesville, Westwood, and Chester, CA. Right up to Mt. Lassen.

Oh, yeah. Spent six months there.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 02:28PM

Calexico, CA. It was pretty great. No speed limits on the roads outside of town so every once in a while you could put the pedal to the metal for cathartic purposes. Plenty of really interesting people to talk to. Plus it was so far from San Diego and the rest of the mission that it felt like a mini-vacation from all the pissing contests that go on in the mission field.

Posted by: Bob Barker ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 04:44PM

Takayama. Middle of nowhere, so lush. Since it is cut off from everywhere, it feels like 18th century Japan (I suppose). In the winter the snow would come down in thick blankets. Was there for a real long time. Saw a ZL once a month. Never saw the MP. Never saw another companion set. For my last few months there (it was my last area) I wore a white shirt and tie only on Sunday (very small membership).

I guess I liked it so much because it was the closest I came to feeling like a "normal" person over there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.