Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 09:48PM

Or are they not ever officially members having never reached the age of 8 before their family leaves TSCC?

After reading all the posts here and articles on mocurtain attempting to decipher true membership figures that they are probably counted in one way or another, but this is not what I'm asking about.

I'm wondering if TSCC will be following them around like an inactive member their whole life because they never resigned. It gives me shivers to think that my 3-yr-old would have to sign his name to a resignation letter, but is it necessary?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 10:03PM

If they are baptized then yes. If not, then the church assumes their membership until they are nine.

Date: April 20, 2013 10:11PM

So once they turn 9, they are basically the same as a non-member then?

Date: April 20, 2013 10:22PM

Basically, yes. However, if you are resigning then I would include your child as well in the letter. My oldest is the only one who was baptized. I didn't resign him because I need his dad's consent and with his grandpa in the Stake presidency, I don't want to make his dad's life harder. So I told my son he can make that decision at 18.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:21AM

I respect you for doing that.

Date: April 21, 2013 04:44PM

Thank you. I know his dad would consent to have his name removed. He's been inactive for over a decade and never wanted our son baptized to begin with. I just know that his parents would have a nervous breakdown and I don't want to start family drama when my son only attends church maybe six times a year (when he's with my parents or his dad's.) We have both told our parents that he will not get the priesthood until he is 18 and can decide for himself.

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 10:14PM

Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:12AM

My children were blessed but never baptized. They got invitations to seminary while in high school and institute after that. They still get mail from the church once in awhile and two men showed up at my door a few years ago asking about my oldest, who was 24 at the time.

I don't know if they count them as members, but they sure do try to keep tabs on them.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:17AM

When I was on my mission, we went after the blessed children when they turned 9. They are easy prey for missionaries, because what little boy or girl doesn't want two handsome young men paying attention to them? But that was with inactive members or part-member families. If your names have actually been removed, then theirs should as well. Do you know for certain whether your whole family has been removed from the ward lists, or did they just put Xs by your names?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:41AM

By required, I'm not sure how to respond.

I would hope rescinding any association and license with the LDS church would be time well spent.

As others have already stat, the cult fraud will do as it pleases, but pressing them for disassociation will confirm any knowing engagement initiated by them as affirmation that they have no respect for members of their cult.

Date: April 21, 2013 02:00AM

By "required," I meant would it take resignation by them to stop TSCC from stalking them, or would the fact that their parents resigned automatically cancel out their membership.

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like they need to resign even though they didn't officially join the club. What other organization does this?

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:44AM

If they are baptized after 9, they are converts.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:19AM

Otherwise locals and mishies often stalk them as they approach the magic number of eight. Often without parent approval they send invitations to church events, small gifts, and missionareies after these little kids. Some of them actually try to teach the kids at a neighbor's house or whenever the parents are not around and there have been cases of mishies baptizing kids and the parents finding out after the fact.

I say turn in all blessed and BIC names for resignation and mention that you don't want local wardmembers or mishies to contact them.

Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:51PM

Until I raised a ruckus with the local bishop the missionaries visited my home on two occasions asking for the whereabouts of my two adult children saying that they were representatives of my children's church. My children are BIC but were never baptized.

They don't let anyone slip through their fingers.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:04PM

I think it is anyone's guess what the COB does with membership information. They are so hooked on making LDS, Inc. look as large as possible that they may only hang onto your child's blessing information for statistical purposes and may not use it for actual reactivation goals. It would take somebody who works/worked in the member records office to answer that question completely.

I would think that if the whole family is out of TSCC and COB loses track of the parents and any other former members who are part of the child's family, it would be really, really hard to start going after the child one day. If some zealous friend or remaining family member points out where that child is living to TSCC later in life it could, just possibly, happen but I'd think the chances are very slim.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:22PM

After their parents resign, the morg stalks the kiddies.

It doesn't matter what happens with SLC tracking efforts since we know from vast experience that the morg stalks kiddies whose parents have resigned but not included the blessed or BIC children in the exit letter.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:08PM

Yes, a million times yes. Screw their policies, you need to get them off the roles.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:25PM

I would definitely include them in the resigning process anyway. Even if they aren't officially a member of the Church, just the fact that they are on their records could cause them to be stalked at some point in their lives.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:46PM

Thanks for setting me straight. I had no idea how bad/desperate TSCC was. Yikes! I think that practice is terrible.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.