Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 04:46AM

"Sin will always be sin."

If he is truly the Lard's Anointed and truly a "prophet, seer, revelator," then why did he NOT point out plainly what the Lard was trying to say "through" him? Why used such a cryptic sentence?

I personally think he was talking about homosexuality and/or gay marriage.

If so, and if Jesus really had his back, why didn't he just come right out and say "Homosexuality and gay marriage will always be sin."

Was he scared of public backlash?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 05:09AM

I think you're exactly right. That's the kind of statement that the faithful will understand, and they'll know what to apply it to. But it's also vague enough to minimize or eliminate any potential backlash.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 05:32AM

Why would the Lard's Anointed and "prophet, seer, and revelator" be afraid of simple backlash?

I mean, look at his predecessors (or equals in the past), such as Isaiah, Ezekiel, Samuel the Lamanite, etc., they were not afraid of anything that might befall them. They were not even afraid of death or imprisonment.

Unless.......L. Tom Perry and the rest of the Big 15 ARE NOT the Lard's Anointed and "prophets, seers, and revelators," who are supposed to have the "moral courage" to speak "the truth" in such plain and simple manner, like Nephi, Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.