Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: warrior princess ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:27PM

Im thinking like any narcissist would, they would be too curious to stay away and may even use rfm to fine tune their skills of deception on the masses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:59PM

I can hear it now:

Monson, "That Warrior Princess is on to us!"

Hollerin Holland, "Yeah, we may have to come clean on that First Vision thingy."

Posted by: warrior princess ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:31PM

Haha!!!!!!!! You are cracking me up!!!! And they thought they could fool us!!!!!

Posted by: twirlnwhirl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 04:15PM

The force is strong with this warrior princess...she is to be avoided at all costs brethren.

haha

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 04:21PM

then there's that Raptor Jesus. He's got more power in his fingernail than we do. He could be a big problem for us.He could end up replacing us!

I hear he's even writing a book. He could end up swaying millions. This is getting serious.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 05:23AM

but it wouldn't surprise me if some of them have underlings assigned to keep an eye on what goes on here.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when (if) anyone has the nerve to tell Bednar "Sir, those horrible ex-mormons are telling pickle jokes again!"

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 06:10AM

Those horrible, lying, anti ex-Mormon bastards. :D

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 06:47AM

No, they don't personally visit such sites.

However, they have a whole department of people who do just that for a living. The top 15 will only be given a top level report/summary and be shielded.

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 07:01AM

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 07:34AM

I believe the Top Fifteen operate on different levels of reality as they see it individually.

Example One: About a decade ago before security was so tight at LDS Church HQ I actually took the elevator up to Confidential Records and personally visited with Greg Dodge who supervised resignations.

As I thanked him for processing my resignation and those of hundreds of other exmos I asked him how many resignations were being processed lately. Dodge said, "That is confidential and President Hinckley is the only one who receives that report."

So from this we may surmise that The Corporate Sole i.e the sitting prophet retains information and data only known to him and who ever provided that information to him. I believe that this includes not only resignation reports but those hyper secret financial spread sheets from the Morg's business holdings.

Now I suppose that there are among the apostles those who don't want to know the gory details behind the inner workings of the Corporate Sole and those who do want to know. Either way Monson is not letting go of any trade secrets.

Now that Eldred G Smith, Church Patriarch died recently, the last remaining threat or competition to Prophet Monson has evaporated. The Quorum of the Twelve have been reduced to eunuchs groveling at the feet of Queen Tommy's Court grasping any crumbs of power that may hit the floor beneath the dear prophet's feet.

Naive members believe the top fifteen all receive visits from Jesus, have special meetings in the temple on Thursdays and then the prophet tells them what Jesus really meant and what will really become doctrine or policy.

They are all yes men except Boyd Packer who still tries an "end run" at a power grab with his holier than thou bigotry and spewing forths in General Conference. Monson tried to appease the Boydster by building a temple in Boyd's back yard in Brigham City, Utah a year or two ago.

This group of especial witnesses of the Lord has the same tried and true inner politics and intrigue that any other group misguided misfits muddles through as they jockey for power and influence.

Example Two: David O McKay's secretary controlled access to the Prophet. Some apostles were totally frustrated at their inability to even gain any personal access to McKay and resented having to kiss the all powerful secretary's ass. (somewhere in D. Michael Quinn's - Heirarchy of Power series.)

If you really think about this, what apostle actually enjoys jet travel around the world to various stake conferences, having to give all those damn talks and pretend to care about people they will never see again. They don't respect the general membership, they manipulate them. They feed off of the adoration and total subservience of the underlings for energy in an otherwise boring and thankless task. They get what they deserve.

I am so far out of the loop of this power I have no idea who currently is the "gate keeper" for Monson. Does he have a long time loyal secretary? Does he have a pet apostle lap dog that yaps and lets him know of any inner rumblings or coup attempts from the other GA grunts? Follow the money and you'll follow the real power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 07:35AM by cricket.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 08:24AM

For one thing, maybe they'll recognize the need for change, and for another, I would like to think that they get confirmation after confirmation that the church is false and that just as they have instilled fear into the flock, that they too with so much to lose would see the bind they are in.

So hey- all you bigwigs, see how tightly the flaxen cords bind you? Feel the terror as Satan leads you carefully down to hell, but you dare not escape? The fear you feel is false. Repent and come to the light, and as a record keeping people please document and share what the church tries to do to you for your bravery.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.