Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: butterfly ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 04:25PM

right now, at this very moment. Since DH still claims to believe, he will allow HT occasionally. I just keep telling myself it will be over soon.

I don't really understand it. He doesn't want to go to church (not that it is all that close). He knows my feelings about it, and yet, if he gets contacted, we have home teachers. No VT though, I wonder if they're mailing me things or have attempted the surprise visit. Neither of those will work, TSCC has my address wrong.

Really what it comes down to is I hate having almost anyone in my home, and quite honestly I doubt I care about any info they want to share. (They're building a new church building right down the street from here! Isn't it exciting?)

Just need to be patient.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 05:06PM

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 05:37PM

For some reason the old Boy Scout chant comes to mind

"Fire in the house, put it out, put it out" comes to my mind.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:47PM

Date: April 21, 2013 06:39PM

Our addresses are the same. Not long after we moved to our current house, we had uninvited visitors show up during dinner. Then we didn't see anyone for a long while, before DH got a call one day about getting home teachers. They were asking for directions when we realized they thought we lived several miles from our actual location. I guess after the first unannounced visit someone changed our address, just flipped two numbers. I don't mind. It keeps them from bugging me.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 06:50PM

I like to have a say about who comes into my home. That would never include letting mormon strangers doing their duty in hopes of manipulating me to go to their church. The very idea gives me the willies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 06:55PM by Cheryl.

Date: April 21, 2013 07:37PM

Generally even if I know you, you may not be exactly welcome if you show up unannounced. I tend to be very protective of my space. :-)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 09:53PM

I think you'd do the same.

Date: April 21, 2013 09:57PM

Yes, I would.

Date: April 21, 2013 10:58PM

At this point I'm grateful that he always checks with me before allowing them to come by. He also knows I will not allow for any changing of my schedule to accommodate them.

One time they stopped by on a Sunday morning before church, We tried to ignore them (at DH's encouragement) but they would not leave. I ended up going to the door in my robe to tell them to leave. I think that got him to understand my intense dislike of some of these church programs.

Posted by: smith ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:03PM

When they knock on your door, open the door a crack, stick out your hand and ask, "What is wanted?"

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:42PM

"What is wanted?" digs never get old for me. LOVE.IT!

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 10:02PM

They're about to arrive at my house too! DW is still TBM. I enjoy asking them things that make them uncomfy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.