Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 05:20PM

"Sweet Old Man" whose family has NOTHING to do with him anymore moved in a few doors down. He invited the kids into his house without meeting the parents. Mother discovered her child had been there against house rules:strangers must meet parents before child goes to their house.
She has been able to keep her kids away.
Her precocious 5 year old boy snuck over there. She found out. Went to the old man and again told him he is not to be seeing her kids. She has told him this several times (more than 5) her husband has told him (stepfather) The cops have been called on him.

The cops are aware of him but haven't been able to get anyone who has been harmed to testify. CPS I think is aware.
There is a little girl who has partially functioning heroin addict parents visits him a lot. He has been fondling/watching movies with her naked alledgedly. She won't say anything.
When this enraged mother came into the mans home today she told him you are dispicable and if you are near my children again I will have you in jail. He said "What the Hell?" and she slapped his glasses off him.

He went over to her house and told the step dad without looking him in the eye that "he didn't know" their child was in his house. The step dad said. "I saw him there". (That is how the Mom found out her kid had snuck over there, stepdad/hubby told her after getting kid to come home.)

The old man called and said he was going to have the parents of the little girl who witnessed the glasses falling to the floor press charges.

It seems to me a camera would be handy. What if the step dad had cell phoned pictured his sneaky stepson inside the old mans house? Incident report.

Restraining order???? Cost $$ but might chill the old man out and stop the enticements as the precocious child outgrows his impulses.

CPS? The old man is so protected from prosecution in Utah it seems from this far away.

Any other ideas? We know we can't remove glasses off of people who offend our children...but what can we do?

Can we post warning posters at the parK???
There is a man who hands out candy to children and asks them to come to his home without asking their parents first?
Please report him to the cops if he asks your children over without your permission?
Would it be okay without picture or naming names?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NeverMoMe ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 05:48PM

It seems that this guys only crimes right now are that he isn't respecting the wishes of the parent. Everything else is only alleged/assumed. The cops can't become involved until there is an actual crime.

Does this guy appear in any sex offender databases?

If not, then you need to focus on your children, and making sure they understand that they are not allowed to go over there. If they disobey, you need to punish your kids. This guy is not committing a crime by not respecting your wishes as a parent. He is showing poor social behavior, but I don't see how this makes him a molester. Manage what you can -- your own kids. If other parents are also concerned, then they too need to forbid their kids from going over there. Social shame him into understanding that his behavior isn't acceptable

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 06:07PM

Unless he has been charged and is on the sex offenders list..the only thing that can be done..is parents have to keep their children away..and actually he has grounds to have the mother arrested..ppl cant be posting things around town...looking for a lawsuit?..Im curious as to how these children escape from their parents at such a young age..not to be rude but this sounds very strange..how does anyone know if he has fondled the child, if she wont tell??..very strange

Date: April 21, 2013 06:25PM

CPS said they were right to be concerned. They have been watching him for awhile. He's seemingly flying under the radar claiming old age memory issues. ie. didn't know the child was in his house.

The town watches him. The little 7 year old of the druggy parents says she likes dancing naked for him in exchange for candy.

I wish someone would/could take pictures of him with that girl so he could be sent away.

The little Moron town seems somewhat complacant, they just try to keep their children away. The kids in general don't like him.

I guess the parents could send a registered letter to the man to not let their children in the house. Then there would be a paper trail in case something happened in the future.

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 06:43PM

I agree about the paper trail. I dont know enough about the law but I do know :DOCUMENT!!! I had an experiance w/my son MIL once where she was harrassing me (it seem my son had left her daughter & she thought I knew where he was,I didnt & had just had cancer surgery)When I called the cops about it; they told me to call her,tell not to call or come by anymore or I will charge her w/treaspassing & to write it down. I WORKED! I would think if you send a certified letter (this documents it) that he'll listen.

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:18PM

Thats amazing to me...I know there are registered sex offenders and you can check out any neighborhood online. Whatever you can do within the boundaries of the law, do it. Do you have neighborhood services? usually through the city..sounds like a small town..I guess I would speak with the law..we all have heard of the good guy getting screwed. Good luck sounds like maybe a neighborhood meeting may help..druggy mom should not have her child

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 06:28PM

Shine light on every event through the local press and all media. Spread the word far and near.**We now have Facebook as a weapon** These people are always cowards and shy away from people they cannot control. Having been a leader where this was a high possibility from a member, I found that if you give them an understanding of implied impending retribution, if any complaint is found out to be true, this is especially very effictive. They cower in darkness --shine light, loud proud and strong, and never back down.

JB

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:28PM

Or you will be the one that ends up with legal problems. I would keep a camera by the door and take pics every time I see a kid near him.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:22PM

I would ask CPS how they want you to proceed whenever you see an unaccompanied minor going into this man's house. I also like Susan's idea of documenting -- write down the date, time, and a general description of the child every time you see this happen.

You might also consider scheduling an appointment with the local elementary school principal. Tell him or her that (without naming names) you are concerned about the behavior of a neighbor, and why, and can the principal put a special emphasis on "stranger danger" educational programs? I know that my principal would respond favorably to such a request.

Date: April 21, 2013 11:40PM

Thank you.
She is going to write a letter.
She will also let the other parents who have been as frustrated as she is with the pervert, to take pictures on their cell phones.
Be the "concerned citizen" if his car is seen near the school.
Take pictures of him handing candy out in the park.

He had NO record that anyone can find, but it is time for him to be accountable.
He is trying to claim old age memory issues, but that doesn't fly.
The druggie father of the little girl who dances for candy from the old man is happy to have free child care. The druggie father has bragged that he has put people in the hospital by beating them up so it would be a serious liability if someone else were to take the little girl under their wing. He has even spanked other people's children and denied doing it. He knelt down on the sidewalk, looked into the five year old boy in front of his parents and told him "I would never spank you. You know I would never do that." The boy knew the man had, so why would druggie father lie in front of the boys parents??? Scarey.

The cops told the lady who told the man to stay away from her kid that if the druggie father comes over to call them and not open the door. The Pervert had gotten the druggie father to make the complaint because his little girl saw the nice Momma Bear take down the candy man. It frightened her.
So Momma bear apoligized to the little girl, but was wise enought to take Papa Bear with her to see her.

It is hoped that this town can be cleansed of this candy man, people haven't known what to do. Now the word can be spread that if that man sneezes or farts around a child someone can take a picture and report 'suspicious activity'. It will turn up the heat on the candy man and make a long paper trail of unhappy parents.

The parents would like to be able to let their kids go to the park when it is right across the street in plain view of their living room/driveway etc. Because of candy man their children cannot 'go outside and play'.
So let's hope for cell phone pictures and reports.

The best of course, would be a full on picture of candy man watching little nude children in his living room dancing for candy. That would put him away.

I'm concerned that the druggie father has a little 7 year old who is learning that if she shakes her naked naughty bits she'll be rewarded! Yikes! Prayers and protective feelings can be sent to this situation. Thank you all for your love.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.