Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cokeisoknowdrinker ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:37PM

What is this mo speak?... I thought the tscc does not believe in predestination- so what gives

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/foreordain

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bob Barker ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:53PM

That always troubled me as a teen. No predestination because that would negate free agency (in my free agency, I was traded for a third round pick and a player to be named later). And yet, everything is known, preordained: our families, where we are born, how we will progress, how it will all end. So seriously, this is all just an exercise in futility?

Never could wrap my head around it.

Posted by: an991 ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:54PM

But "god" already knows our hearts and how we would react so we don't have free will in the first place. Unless "god" didn't know what would happen, how could any of their BS make sense?

If your future actions are already known to any deity, there is no possible way to have free will

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:09PM

Not everything in your life has to be your decision for your free agency to be effective. In fact, there's too much at stake to leave it all up to you. We're babes in the woods and we're treated as such.

Lots of things are predestined. You can find out a lot from Chinese astrology, which takes into account the exact date and time of your birth. You usually have to look on your birth certificate to get the time.

You may not take it seriously, but the government does. A real Obama birth certificate will never be released because the Chinese would have the president's birth time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.