Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thederz ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:29PM

Today in sacrament meeting, a high council man came to speak in our ward. He spoke of none other than tithing and church welfare. I wish I was kidding.

His very words were, "I know people in this very stake are struggling because I see how many bishops store house forms my wife has to feel out for her calling.... not that I pry...... I just see the forms on the table"

My mom even said you could tell he knew he shouldn't of said that lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:41PM

That's messed up, but not surprising.

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 09:35PM

Before I left the cult...same type of speeches and statements from bishop and stake pres. within a few months the ward was put on a freeze..families that were getting help were cut off. Have no clue when the freeze was lifted..

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 09:43PM

Feeling out! Oh myyyy...

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 09:51PM

If I were poorer than I am now & in the cult still, there is no way in hell I would get any food from the bishop's storehouse. It's absolutely the worst food there is. I wouldn't feed it to pets.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:51PM

I always thought DI food would be good to serve to visiting dignitaries; high priests, SPs, Regional Reps, Bish etc.

After all, if a stringy water cured ham is good enough for the poor, it's good enough for them.

Not that I mind the stringy water cured ham, but lets not call it a fine ham! It is not a grade A ham, it's a D+ ham in most people's books!

It was okay, and I was grateful for it, but I hated how the BP went on and on about how he was giving us a "ham for Christmas" leading us to believe it was at least a ham that came out of an oval shaped can. But it was a small DI ham that we could have ordered ourselves if we wanted one.

I will not call a pair of $3.00 sneakers from Rite Aid Pharmacy equal to a pair of $80.00 Clarkes from Johnsons Shoes! They're not the same, even if they cover your feet.

So lets call a spade a spade BP!

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 03:50AM

If God wanted the TSCC to have more money he'd instruct the GAs what to invest in. The church should be rolling in dough. Instead they invest in, of all things, a mall.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.