Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:44PM

Some may recall that I was going to be in Nauvoo on April 13th for my daughter's marriage though, of course, I could not be present. I promised to drink a cup of java at Uncle John's Cafe at the time. Fortunately for all who read this forum, no-one from rfm joined me. My brother and his wife cancelled out because of predictions on the 11th of bad storms on their way from Daytona, Florida. The wedding went off without a hitch and I was there for pictures. We went off afterwards to the reception. By the end of the evening on the 13th, our newly married DD was not feeling well. Sunday morning DW and I both awoke with a sickness. It seems that a mysterious flu is around Nauvoo. Even people who only spent three hours - and almost all out of doors - have come down sick. On Monday I was showing someone the catholic church across from the temple and met the priest who explained that the sickness is going around Nauvoo.

Some family members, even today on the 21st, are still sick. The sickness has hit my innards such that I will be having an operation Friday.

Monday is my birthday but we will be going to the funeral of the FIL of one of our sons (he died approximately the same time as the sealing). A daughter just called (who had been to the wedding) that her DH's BIL (sister's DH) just died. On the plus side we learned that one of the sick was also sick with morning sickness. Some week.

Just warn your TBM friends of the Nauvoo Flu.

I did drink the coffee.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 09:45PM by rhgc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 22, 2013 07:50AM

I hope the readers are taking this seriously. The sickness is real.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 10:17AM

I remember reading that; because it was built on a swamp...?

Date: April 22, 2013 04:38PM

That is correct! I just don't know if the present sickness is related.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.