Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 02:38AM

I am still one and I'm 25 years old. I've also never had a girlfriend.I have been on just a few dates but that's all. It's all because I'm a recluse and I'm to afraid to talk to people and make friends. I have the symptoms of someone with avoidance personality disorder.

Is anyone else still a virgin? Are you okay with that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: an991 ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 02:40AM

I am, but I won't be soon. :)

Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 02:44AM

I hope you have fun an991

Posted by: anonrealquick ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 03:06AM

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin. I think people love to make it seem as though sex is the most important and cool thing in the world, but it really isn't. It's about the connection you make with someone you love and if it's bothering you that you haven't, it's probably just because of all the sex propaganda.

Sex is an important part of life, but it is DEFINITELY much more enjoyable when there are real emotions behind it.

Posted by: leafonthewind ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 05:59AM

It depends on your definition of 'virgin.' I won't go into it, but I have some sexual experience. However, I am a recluse and socially awkward, and I have not had sexual intercourse with a man.

I have to wait for the right person to share intimacy with. Otherwise I know I wouldn't be able to do it because I'd have to completely trust the person. Marriage isn't the deal anymore, though.

(By the way, I'm 22.)

Posted by: volrammos ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 06:02AM

Yes, and I am 30+.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 07:44AM

No,

but my sex life is like a Ferrari Testarossa

[I don't have a Ferrari Testarossa]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 07:47AM by EssexExMo.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 08:48AM

Yep. 54 and will remain one, thank you very much. LOL

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 10:43AM

I was until 26....
You'll lose it unexpectedly....

Posted by: formerRLDS ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 10:51AM

I'll be 48 this summer and have not been a virgin since I was 19.

I will tell you this. Before you lose your virginity, think long and hard (no pun intended) about the person you're losing it to. Because when you have sex with someone, you will be carrying a piece of them around in your heart and mind for the rest of your life. If I had realized and understood that from the outset, I would not have had sex with about half of the people I have over the years, and I certainly wouldn't have lost my virginity the way I did.

Posted by: Exmodo ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 11:00AM

RLDS? Without being to personnel, you're my age by the way, does Wm Chrisman Highschool have any meaning to you?

Posted by: formerRLDS ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:35PM

1980-1981, my sophomore year, and for the first couple of months of my junior year in the fall of '81. Then I transferred to Hope Day School.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:21PM

This may not go over well with everyone, but I don't think that it's universally true that sexual initiation can or should only happen with someone you have an emotional connection with. I had penetrative sex for the first time just over a year ago (I'm 48) and given my circumstances, it just had to happen--I had to get past some LDS-implanted block so that I could move on to thinking in terms of relationships and intimacy. The other guy is not in my mind or heart and I have no regrets because it did free me up to explore part of me that I had walled off for a very long time. Maybe the advice is good for the OP, but there will be plenty of readers whose trauma from TSCC may require a different approach.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:39PM

I agree with this, after exiting, I was having a hard time thinking past sex, so getting it over with so that I could move on was a big thing for me. Even though the relationship was a mistake, I thing, overall, it was exactly what I needed.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:30PM

I'm glad you can empathize with my take on this. I would have been okay with it happening in a relationship context (even a short-term, non-ideal relationship), but this was a big enough deal to me that I went an even more impersonal route... let's call it a business transaction.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 10:53AM

There's a guy at my work who is 27 and admits he's a virgin and has never masturbated. He's a product of a TBM upbringing. Some of the guys tease him about this, and for the life of me, I don't know why he ever revealed it!

I don't kid him about it because It's mean. He is a good guy but a bit strange. I think the cult and his parents have repressed him so much that he's sort of weirdly asexual now. He is an exception, though. Lots of older virgins both male and female are normal people with normal sexual psychology. They just either haven't had the opportunity or intellectual desire. There really is nothing wrong with "saving yourself" as long as it is a personal decision and hasn't been forced by indoctrination and culty mind control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 11:05AM by rationalguy.

Posted by: Erick ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:45PM

In a world of 6-7 billion people, there's bound to be someone in their late 20's who has never, ever, had sex or masturbated...but on the rare occasions that I meet people who make these claims, I can't help but try to see it as them just putting up a poker face.

Posted by: altava ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:24PM

I know of some people who are legit asexual. They are normal, come from normal nonmormon backgrounds and just have no sexual desire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 01:27PM by altava.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 11:05AM

Just for clarification - it isn't actually sex if you're the only one there.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 11:06AM

That's true! But not to conservative TBMs. Touching yourself is evil sexual activity to them.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:03PM

I have some younger female friends and relatives who brag about being a virgin, and one of them even had a poem about virginity in her wedding program!

It's a personal choice which I believe in nobody's business.

Reading between the lines, OP, I get the feeling that you feel you are missing out on an intimate relationship (sexual or not). I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone.

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:18PM

I am (29). Not due to lack of interest of desire, but due to being excessively self-conscious and completely socially-inept.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:25PM

define virgin.

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:25PM

Someday, when you wake up, you will be saying, what was I thinking?

Posted by: anonregposter ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:12PM

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:24PM

I don't carry around in my head the men with whom I have had sex. Of course, at age 52, it has been a long time ago, as most of sex partners where from when I was in my 20s. I lost my virginity just before I turned 18 (the month I graduated from HS) with a man who was 7 years older. Within two months he was pursing his younger sister's college roommate I dumped him. For about two minutes I felt self pitty and thought, I wasted my virginity on him. Then I realized I was curious and was glad for the experience. The best sex was with my college true love, but I also had a friends with benefits situation that worked fine for me.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:33PM

I also experimented with sex at 17 and 18 and don't regret it. What I do regret is casual sex in my 20's. If I could take anything back, that would be it.

Posted by: blessed poetry ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:42PM

I'm still one, yes. I'm 23, almost 24. Doesn't bother me. I figure that it'll eventually happen, when the circumstances are right for me. :)

Posted by: order66 ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:50PM

Sex is natural, sex is good.
Not everybody does it,
But everybody should.
Sex is natural, sex is fun
Sex is best when it's one on one.

Posted by: Inquiring mind who wants to know ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:53PM

OK, so what is the technical definition for having lost ones virginity?
Vaginal sex?
Oral?
Mutual masturbation?
Anal?

Posted by: order66 ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:58PM

Not that my opinion means anything, but my opinion is vaginal.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:59PM

Different depending on whether it is a homosexual or heterosexual. My guess at a general answer, if you have to ask, you're still a virgin.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.