Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: s4711 logged out ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 10:08AM

Out-of-Body Experiences Linked with Poor Sense of Own Body

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=thats-me-over-there

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:45PM

I am very in tune to other people and my out of body experience had to do with a younger brother--who had a stroke when he was born, drank paint thinner when he was 18 months old, and was hit by a truck on his bike when he was 5.

I had an out of body experience in terms of something happening to HIM and had nothing to do with me. Everyone who was there--will back me up on it. They have never questioned it--and neither have I.

Posted by: s4711 logged out ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:54PM

Read the article again. Has nothing to do with being in tune with others, but with self (more specifically, with your own body).

In any case, you may be an exception vis-a-vis this study, but I'm not a believer generally in NDE's, because the evidence is all anecdotal. Which is fine--believe what you want. I just think science will continue to approach a better answer for all of these phenomena (whilst religion continues to lose ground in terms of explanatory power.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 01:59PM

I never could have done what I did. I was willing to listen to whatever was going on in me--while others weren't.

Because I LISTENED to my own body and mind, my brother is still alive some 40 years later.

That's my last word on it.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 04:44PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.