Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 11:31AM

Recent threads here about how can The Brethren believe and how can intelligent TBM's keep up the effort caused me to propose some ideas.

Like many of us here at RfM who now come from the LBS (Latter-day Bull Shit) faith system and who know this is all a LDS (Latter Day Scam) I share a frustration that people who I care about remain in the LDS (Loco Delusional System).

Here is one possible and powerful reason - The LDS (Looping Delusional System)

Even though The Mormon Gospel if patently false when one of us human being types attends a gathering of Mormons, large or small and the testimony/preaching/influencing business starts we are vulnerable.

When one sits in General Conference surrounded by thousands of devoted decent people who on the whole are genuinely seeking truth and self improvement one can certainly be moved emotionally, spiritually and psychically. Being suggestible we often conclude that what is happening to us and those surrounding us "real". And it really is real, in the sense that an emotional experience is happening.

This is the energy that Jeff Holland, Hank Eyring and the others not only try to generate but feed off of. Holland squeezes out so much personal energy in this regard you'd think he was relieving himself from a decade old spiritual bowel compaction. The signs of Holland's relief are tears, GA voice over and the congregation being moved upon by the Spirit.

Conference goers wait in lines to obtain tickets just to attend and get "high as a mountain top" on this spiritual junk food. But it is real in the sensorium spectrum. Skeptics however have their wireless receivers tuned to other sensitivities and therefore have a definite advantage of seeing a broader range of reality that includes the possibility of being deceived, mislead and even lied to.

Moral of this story: Watch out for testimony time - could be hazardous to your mental and financial health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 11:32AM by cricket.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hugh Janus ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 11:38AM

LOL...LDScam...Looping Delusion System...very funny. Spot on. Human Beings are very suggestion oriented...easily programmed by emotion. Positive emotional reinforcement can be very powerful. They know this. In the beginning Josephs Myth use s*x, the male ego, power, and emotions to control his stupid followers. The brethren have perfected this process, using both negative and postive reinforcement, threats (fear) that you won't be with your family (children) in the afterlife, power through position (male ego), etc. I don't believe any of this would have worked if the theocracy would have been allowed to develop as it did in the morridor.

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:57PM

It's so obvious to us now that it's hard to see how anyone can accept the lie. But I'm a smart person, and I was a smart person when I was a mormon. So yes, there HAS to be something about mormonism (and religion in general) that speaks to our emotional cores in a very powerful way.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.