Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Matrix ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:13PM

This is actually a pretty common thing for me every few months I have a dream Bout going back on my mission.
Last night I had a nightmare that I was being called back on my mission and I was engaged to DW at the same time. I would have to choose between the two. Well knowing the TSCC is a fraud that was an easy decision but all night I felt anxioty over telling DW I was choosing her instead of the church. I was worried she would find that disappointing. I woke up and gave my wife a huge hug. Leave me alone mormon Jesus!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:15PM

I dream about getting called on a mission again all the time. Or of deciding to leave the mission early (I wish I had...).

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:19PM

I had the back-on-a-mission dream a few times a year. What was significant to me was that each time I had the dream, I was more in control. I went from stunned and submissive to laughing at their claim I had to be there. Maybe that's why I haven't had that dream in a few years.

Posted by: Hugh Janus ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:22PM

All the time...bugs the shiz out of me. Hate those dreams, i.e. being called on a mission, being on a mission, in the bishopric interviewing people, walking through the church house on a busy Sunday morning in my temple garmies (I mean WTF?)

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:40PM

I had 1 horrible, horrible nightmare in 1996, about 4 years before I left, & then one more recently.

Posted by: almostthere ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:43PM

Weird, I had a dream last night that my TBM wife and I were on a mission, but I was still a non-believer. I did not rest well.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:48PM

I used to have the going on a mission one all the time. I havenf for awhile now. I haven't had a going back to church dream either but I've only been out a few months so we'll see haha

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:51PM

I used to have nightmares about going on another mission when I was a believer. Had them every few months.

Since I lost my faith, they've become much less common and are now just confusing. Why am I here with these believers doing this? i don't believe this, no I won't do that. Probably only once a year now.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 12:54PM

I had a series of temple-related nightmares right after I went inactive, while I was trying to decide when/how to resign. After I sent in my letter, the dreams stopped and haven't come back since.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.