Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 02:05PM

How old were your kids when you went back to work? How did it change your relationship with them and your spouse? I am thinking of going back to work. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exrldsgirl ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 02:16PM

I'm just going back to work now. Our child is 8 years old. I worked when he was little and quit when he was 4 because he got kicked out of daycare. He has ADHD and we felt that he was too young for meds at the time.

My son really didn't like the idea at first. He thinks that I will like some other kid more than I like him (I am a speech-language pathologist, working with school-aged kids.) In general he has a hard time accepting any kind of change.

My husband is really happy that I'll be working again. Partly because of the extra income, but also because he knows it's good for my self-image to be working and helping people. When I have too much unstructured free time, then I have a hard time organizing my time and getting things done.

They have both started helping out around the house more, at my request. I've been doing a lot of things for them that I just won't have time for anymore.

It's going well so far, but I'm just getting started, so I can't really say how it will turn out in the long run.

Posted by: exrldsgirl ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 02:16PM

I should clarify that the daycare said he couldn't come back unless he was on meds for his ADHD.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.