Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 03:50PM

William S. Bradshaw, Ph.D, is Professor of Microbiology and Molecular Biology at Brigham Young University.
This is his site discussing homosexuality. I recommend mormons on the fence about homosexuality to read it if you haven’t yet done so.
http://www.ldsresources.info/professionals/bradshaw.shtml

Days before the last General conference Bradshaw addressed a group of mormon parents with Gay children about how the science behind sexual orientation works. He basically told them that the church is wrong on this point and proved it with knowledge instead of denying it with dogma. Sexual orientation is not a choice nor can it be changed. (I thought I had the link for his presentation, it was recorded in audio)

A general authority was present, I forget his name. He was in tears and apologized to the parents for the churches role in the despicable treatment of mormon Gays.
Funny thing is that Boyd didn’t seem to get this info nor do I think for one second Boyd would ever entertain such nor ever try to honestly inform himself on a subject that he has put himself up to the world and mormons as “the” subject expert.

Just like the long term perpetration of the lie “Mormonism is true” there exists the long term lie of “choice in homosexuality”. Knowledge, education, logic and reason eliminates both lies for the same reasons. Just as it is an impossibility that the LDS church is “true”, it is an impossibility that human sexual orientation is a “choice”.

The old ways of perceiving homosexuality are dying. Even now there is an undercurrent of dissent inside the mormon church that the leaders can’t stop, as NOM’s are more accepting of Gays and other mormon web sites such as “mormonsformarriage” (excellent BTW) are stood up out in the Ether.

The last point of contention that a heterosexual seems to hang onto regardless of their religion when it comes to defending their position against homosexuality seem to be the “disgust” factor.

The question then that is not asked by the homophobe is “why am I disgusted”. The homophobe then seems to go directly to anal sex. The problem here is that Hetero’s have anal sex. Why do Hetero’s get a pass on this? What of women homosexuals? Are they more accepted because of the lack of anal sex and is not this also an assumption? Why assume that the men are having anal sex? There are a myriad of ways to pleasure a trusted companion. So many questions come up with just a little thought directed at the problem rather than just being “disgusted” and walking away.

The question now to the homophobe is this. Would you like your private sexual practices when you are alone or with your lover broadcast in living color to the world? Would you not be embarrassed and ashamed beyond belief? “It is a private thing and no one’s business!” would be your justified reply.
Why then is the justification of privacy in sex not afforded the same level of loving intimacy and privacy for all sex between all types of trusted companions? Hetero sex can be every bit as “disgusting” as homo sex. The problem actually lies in the labeling of the acts. It can all be “disgusting” but why call it such and how did it get this label in the first place? The label was taught and done unjustifiably so. All the acts are the same Hetero or Homo, no one gets a free pass to denigrate the other.

The perception for a homophobe seems to be the flamboyant homosexuals at Gay parades and other gatherings that are out to defile the world, yet Hetero’s have the same type of gatherings yet don’t tie them with doing just what Gay people do. Never is the constant Parade of the decadence in Heterosexuality in every form of living in every minute of the day, noticed by the Hetero because it’s all just “natural” and the way it’s “supposed” to be. “Passes everywhere, oops not for you you’re a homosexual, tolerated, shunned, thrown out, beaten, murdered, but no passes”.

This is the 21st century. The age of information is just getting rolling. No longer is ignorance an excuse.
No longer can we hide behind others ignorance and call it righteously ours. We are responsible for our own education. No passes for lack of education.

This is the new crime in the Age of Information.

Deliberate ignorance for any reason is that crime.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 03:53PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 04:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 04:07PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 05:18PM

It's normaly men saying it and the flamboyant men and other gays apparently attack thair idea of masculinaty. Apparently you have to do certain things to be a man and anything that attacks the wiener has to be bad to them. I'm not saying that thats true of all men but some it probably is.

Posted by: raven ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 07:17AM

I noticed the fixation on anal sex from homophobes as well. I just ask them about blow jobs, I say I know you all find the idea of blow jobs disgusting and you would never want one because it would mean you are gay. Anything but missionary must be gay, right?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.