Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 03:16PM

I remember you & your your wife were going to sent a response to that"loving" letter they send you did you do it? did they answer yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DonQuijote ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 08:00PM

We did write that letter and I fine tuned it with the help of the comments from all of you. I was really proud of the letter. The bishop hasn't written back but I did get to talk to him this morning. He showed up unannounced at 8:00 AM. I was still asleep but my kid ran and got me to tell me someone was at the door. I got dressed and ran downstairs to see what was wanted, and he said that he had forgot to have me, my wife and my eight year old sign the final paper before he sent it off. I was very polite and friendly, shook his hand and invited him in since it was still cold outside. We made small talk while my son was slowly signing his name, not knowing what he was signing, we had a minute to chat. The paper we signed just said that the bishop had visited and written me, and that I had responded by mail to confirm that would like to proceed with the resignation. As we finished, I thanked him for his promptness and shook his hand, and he looked at me and said "by the way, thank you for your letter." That was all he said, but from the way I read him I think it meant that he respected my decision and why I was leaving. I'm really glad I wrote him, so at least we are at an understanding in a way.

It's funny, I kind of enjoy talking with him and leaders of the ward now. It's not awkward for me anymore, but it sure is for them. Was kind of hoping the Stake President would give it a shot and come by so I could show him stuff from my books too. But I'm sure he also read my letter and decided there's no way he's touching that with a 10 foot pole.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 08:11PM by DonQuijote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.