Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: warrior princess ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 06:08PM

Living in lala land of the unicorn. Always watching, waiting and preparing for the unicorn to come. But, mo's have never seen the unicorn. Its like living life around an all consuming fairytale. Im finding it harder and harder to be patient here in lala land. Wondering what you all do to cope with it????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exmo-lesbo ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 06:13PM

I think I'd go have a burger and a beer.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 06:23PM

Mormonism is like walking into a bar and thinking, "man.. They all look happy and content. Why not stupify myself and be happy too?" Problems is that religion, like booze, only pacifies and provides benefit for a small period of time. The longer one wants to get the buzz, the more one has to drink. By the time one is addicted and aware, one must choose the addiction or facing reality. The addict rarely chooses reality.

This is why we should pity TBM's. They are actually ill, not evil.

HH =)

Posted by: smith ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 06:24PM

So I watched this interview of someone from the FLDS church, and thought to myself, what the heck their church and the LDS church are identical to each other. If LDS think that FLDS is crazy, why can't they see that they too are crazy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jd4Jzs1LI

Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 06:32PM

Mormonism is like....

Living in a spiritual North Korea?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 07:21PM

a pig in a poke. It kicks and writhes like a good Christian porker, but when you look inside you find a diseased tomcat.

Posted by: JamesM ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 07:33PM

And you get home and the damn thing doesn't work. So you call the number to ask them why the vacuum doesn't work, and they say it's probably something you did. So you ask about the warranty and they say your warranty is void because you broke your new vacuum.

You tell them it was broken right out of the box.

You try to return it to the store the next day, but the store closed down the day you bought the vacuum. The former owner of the store was doing some illegal stuff and he's probably in Mexico by now.

So you call the company back and ask for a Manager. You get some kid that's 19 years old who is the "Manager" and he tells you they have notes in the record verifying you admitted breaking your new vacuum. They'd be happy to replace it, as long as you're willing to buy a new one.

And on and on it goes.

That's what Mormonism is like.

Posted by: longtimelurker ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 07:59PM

Where's the like button? I need a like button.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 08:16PM

That is exactly what it's like.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 08:58PM

Trying to get AOL to stop billing your credit card after you've made the switch from dial-up to DSL.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 10:29PM

...a puffer fish showing off in a freshwater pond to attract someone who wants to possess its beauty only to eat its poison and die.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.