Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 11:30PM

Pecker said, "Some argue that “they were pre-set and cannot overcome what they feel are inborn tendencies toward the impure and unnatural,” he said. “Not so! Why would our Heavenly Father do that to anyone? Remember he is our father.”

You're right, Boyd, he wouldn't. But Nature and Biology WOULD!

Why would our Heavenly Father allow children to be born with HIV? Remember, he's our father.

Answer: He wouldn't, but nature and biology would.

Why would our Heavenly Father allow children to have inborn tendencies toward autism? Remember, he's our father.

Answer: He wouldn't, but nature and biology would.

Why would our Heavenly Father allow children to be born with ambiguous genitalia, or even with male reproductive organs and female genitalia, or male genitalia but no ability to produce testosterone or any of hundreds of intersex conditions where their actual gender is not clear until they are older and it can be determined how they manifest? Remember, he's our father.

He wouldn't, Boyd, you pompous senile old windbag! But (yes, repeat after me), nature and biology would!

What a stupidass comment he made and the hypnotized sheep just sit there and go "baaa, baaa," and don't even stop to think, "hey, that just doesn't make any sense."

Morons!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mcarp ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 11:36PM

That's why I don't believe in Boyd's mean, vindictive god.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 11:42PM

But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the sake of argument to show how his own "logic" is f'ing stupid.

Posted by: bookish ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 10:58AM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 11:41PM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 11:43PM

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:10AM

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

If JC is ghods only son what does that make pecker

can we say bastard son?

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:15AM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:23AM

If God creates gay people, then we must accept that it is fearful man who hates them and not their creator.

If God creates "normal" people only, and nature creates "anomalies", then we have no choice but to treat everyone equally and compassionately because we cannot know whether we ourselves are intended or accident.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 02:15AM

I don't know why the conference had to focus on gay issues, why don't they focus on jesus and religous things. I think this would help people. instead this gay issue causes people to hate the church and takes away what jesus teaches. hate will not help the church. if a man wants to marry a man, let them. let God do the judging, not man. god created differences in man. if two men marry how is that going to effect a TBM. IT WON'T

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 08:24AM

In recent months there has been a lot of backlash over the Prop8 issue. The church has been fined a laughable 5000 bucks for improper reporting of contributions.

More importantly, Elder Jensen recently made what sounded like an apology for the pain that gay people have suffered, presumably by the church. And although he does not have the capacity or the authority to do so, many people saw this as a sign that the church was softening its stance.

Because of these two events, the illustrious BKP used his trademark hamfisted method of communication to make sure that everyone understands perfectly where the church stands. Apolgies from lesser beings not withstanding.

Behinds the scenes, I can clearly see Boyd trying to ream Marlin a new one.

The third and less obvious is that by doing this on world television, he not only sends out a clear warning to those who may support their gay brothers and sisters, but by angering so many people the undesireables will leave the church.

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:27AM

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:43AM

Mormons are so big on saying "If you wan't to know about a Chevy, don't ask a Ford dealership" as they try to compel people to only look at mormon sources of information.

So why would I ask a mormon apostle, someone who has a vested interest in gays being an "in the head" sort of phenomenon, instead of someone who is gay about what the nature of the feelings are actually about?

It drives me mad.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 10:02AM

She is torturned that she will never be a mother. According to this leader she cannot be happy.

She was not born this way?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.