Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exbishfromportland ( )
Date: May 19, 2013 05:37PM

This is the default reply when you ask a doctrinal question in the church that has no convenient cut and paste answer.

"It will all get figured out during the millennium."
"Yeah, sure it will..."

What questions did YOU have that were answered in this way?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 19, 2013 10:17PM

I've been promised that in the next life I'll be unbeaten, unscorned, unbelittled, unlied-to and unmishandled.

Wow. It's like an unfortune cookie!

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 01:20AM

All the names of people who have no census records for us to dead dunk them by.

All the TBMs whose spouses aren't sealed to them.

All the people who were buried at sea or cremated.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 01:27PM

No gays.
No working women.
No democracy...don't need it cuz Jeezus is king.
No mountains...the land all gets smoothed out.

Still some fossilized bones of people not worthy to be resurrected until the last resurrection...jeez their fossilization just goes on and on.

Watch out natural history museums...there are gonna be a few resurrections and some of your fossils are gonna go flying. But don't worry as much about the fossils of black people, theirs will go last, after the museum staff has either died or been twinkled.

Yup, the Millenium is really a time you can COUNT on everything being worked out...

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 02:33PM

Questions they never answered:

1. What's the difference between a mother and daughter who are sealed to each other in a mormon temple and a mother and daughter who are not sealed to each other in a mormon temple? When they're dead, do the unsealed mother & daughter forget their earth relationship? If they still remember it, what's to keep them from acknowledging each other as mother & daughter when they're dead? Will someone jump out and chastise them for doing so simply because they didn't perform a ritual in a mormon temple?

2. After I'm dead and relegated to a particular kingdom, will I be free to leave that kingdom anytime at will? If I leave, will I be free to return at will? If I'm not allowed to leave, isn't that compulsion to force me to stay? Does that not violate my free will?

3. Isn't Lucifer just playing a role similar to any priesthood-wielding male who plays the role of Lucifer in the temple? Isn't Job 1:6 proof that Lucifer is able to approach god's throne and chit-chat without any ill-effect whatsoever?

4. If Brigham Young worshiped Adam and was still able to be exalted, why do we bother teaching anyone about heavenly father? Aren't hindus just as qualified for exaltation as Brigham?

5. If I have free will can I choose to switch genders in the resurrection?

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 02:37PM

Is this like Jeopardy!, where we know the answer and have to figure out the question? Ok, I'll play!

For $2000, the question is, "Do cavemen need to be baptized for the dead?"

Posted by: NNT ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 02:41PM

These might be a bit pedestrian but a religon that can't answer these extremely important, emotional, and timeless questions isn't very useful:

1. Why does god allow the prayers of innocent children facing death to go unanswered while helping sinful adults find their car keys?

2. Why does god need to kill people to make a point, wouldn't some pretty awesome miracles do the trick?

3. If god is actually running the show, why does the show suck so badly for so many people?

4. Why are obviously evil people happy if wickedness never was happiness?

Posted by: exbishfromportland ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 02:47PM

I used to work with an LDS guy who said his mother got out of school, fell in love and got married in the temple. Within a few months her husband tragically died. They had no kids and she was not pregnant when he died.
A couple years later she met a great nonmember guy and got married. After awhile he became interested in the church but was bothered by the bizarre doctrine that any children they had would belong to his wife and her first husband. Over the course of a few years they did have children (my friend and his siblings).

Apparently a few years later he decided to join the church because of the assurance this perverse paradox would be "figured out during the millennium" in a way that would make everyone happy.

Not sure, but I think it involves tightly closing your eyes, plugging your ears and saying "LALALALALALALALALAAA" over and over again very loudly.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 02:52PM

I wonder how long it will take before it's realized that no Millenium will be coming.

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 03:53PM

Another Millennium or so

Posted by: warrior princess ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 05:17PM

Just another unfortunate way too put off dealing in reality. But, lets not worry about that until the millenium....haha!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.