Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rachel1 ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 01:04PM

I didn't get to participate in the "It's Sunday What Are You Doing" thread before it closed down. Darn it.

So I'll just tell you what I did instead of going to church. I was camping in the piney woods of Texas outside of Corsicana with my spiritual family, celebrating the Handfasting of two people I love very dearly and celebrating Beltane complete with drumming, dancing, fire, drink and much merriment until the wee hours of Sunday morning. After falling into my bed for a few all-too brief hours of sleep, I rolled myself out of bed to worship the Goddess Caffeina with my sistah with camp coffee (coffee grounds and all) before breaking camp, cleaning up the ritual area (leave no trace, ya know) and a three hour drive home to a mama kitty in labor.

It was awesome and so much better than having to sit on a pew for three hours in a smelly church listening to fussy children and boring men.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 09:17PM

How fun!

Posted by: nofear ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 09:23PM

I was rappelling in Moab.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.