Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 03:51PM

This weekend we went to a Teppanyaki place for dinner and a little show. Anyone familiar with Teppanyaki knows that the chef guy will always squirt Sake into people's mouths and count the seconds to see who gets the most. Fun stuff. He'll also fling food through the air that you can catch in your mouth.

I got to 21 seconds which I was quite proud of, and afterwards some people we were dining with recounted the following story:

They were at the same Teppanyaki place with their TBM parents/in-laws. (You see where this is going)

The TBM priesthood-wielding patriarch of the family has to win everything, so when he missed the piece of food flying through the air he just HAD to beat my friend in how many seconds he could receive the "liquid" being offered by the chef.

I guess it only took a few seconds for him to realize the liquid wasn't benign but only AFTER he had swallowed a good mouthful. Of course their night was ruined and they were very upset.

Fast forward a few days and they're still on the phone with the corp office chastising them for not alerting their patrons that it's alcohol in the squeeze bottle.

I almost choked I was laughing so hard... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 03:52PM by kolobian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ballzac ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 03:57PM

Did he immediately go to the bathroom to purge the unclean "liquid" from his system before the spirit left him entirely?

Great story.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 03:58PM

I think I know a member of his family in St. George.
He walked into the local book store and told them they couldn't sell Dungeons and Dragons Game books because they were evil.

Fortunately the store ignored him....

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 04:15PM

If he's lucky his wife, family, ward leadership, et al, will be compassionate, see past his accidental defilement, and not demand further "repentance" from him.

But they'd be well within their rights to insist that it doesn't matter if he didn't at first know what was in the squeeze bottle. He should've fought back once he realized what was going on, and stuck a few fingers down his throat right then and there.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 04:21PM

Yeah, I was just so confused why Casper the Holy Ghost didn't warn him beforehand. What kind of gift is that?

Casper is never around when you need him.. :(

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 04:37PM

At least he didn't refer to it as Moisture....

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 05:20PM

The holy spirit prefers high fructose corn syrup. I, for one, appreciate being squirted on.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 07:40PM

Giggity

Posted by: order66 ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 06:30PM

On a related note - If you keep buy the chef sake, he will get drunk with you, enhancing the performance.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 06:31PM

This man, has to waste his time. What a dumbass and party pooper. This is a very funny story and I'm laughing. It really highlights the lack of happiness and light heartedness TBMs have in their life.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 07:47PM

Haha! I gave Safeway Corporate a huge piece of my mind for rearranging the store to make a huge chilled alcoholic beverage aisle and locating the cold sodas and juices right in the middle, so I had to walk in there with my kids, thus exposing them to evil influences. They must have laughed their asses off when they got my email.

Posted by: alphonso ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 08:28PM

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 10:43PM

Shoot, I bet brother Joseph would have carried on longer than 21 seconds with that forbidden necture.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 06:51AM

Haha so awesome!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.