Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Every Member a Janitor ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 12:42AM

As observed on Facebook:

"Somehow there was a mysterious $4300+ payment on (husband's)student loans which paid off all but two of them. Where did that come from? Blessing from paying tithing?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stranded ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 07:36AM

They probably got bought out by another loan company. It happened to my wife a year or two ago.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 09:38AM

LOL, I wouldn't take that for granted! A truly moral person would inquire about it.

If it is an accounting error, it WILL be found out and fixed, and they will be back on the hook for payments due. In fact for not reporting/asking about this discrepancy, I've heard of others made to pay late fees and interest and such that would have been owed in the meantime after the unexpected "windfall" was deposited.

Magical thinking at its best!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 09:47AM

When we were in school, we would receive "blessings from paying tithing" straight from "God." Only our "God" was my nevermo dad who had plenty of money to help us out when things got tight, having not paid tithing in his life. We never asked, but sometimes he'd notice and send us over a little something. Interesting, that the biggest blessings came from the person in my life least interested in Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.