Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 07:32PM

I just want to make it clear that I don't care if she' straight or gay. I just only thought she might be because the last 4 #'s she showed me on her phone were all girls that I know. She can be in love with a giraffe and I don't care. I was just shocked that she was having phone "sex." I don't want to shame or blame her at all. It was just surprising. Her grandma pays for her phone. So I could throw it out but grandma would just buy her a new one. I don't mind her talking on the phone really. She needs friends right now. I am over the initial shock I guess. We have talked and she's not really doing anything wrong. It's just weird to see your kid as a sexual being lol I guess that was my real problem.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 08:54PM

Dont worry about it. Its hard watching Your kis grow-up! Wait til she really grows up and has babies! ;-) (my youngest just had her 1st! Shes already tired of me calling her asking if she has questions! HA!) It quite a mind trip!

Date: May 23, 2013 09:00PM

It's weird to see your kid grow up. Even moreso when they actually follow in your footsteps! She is really responsible otherwise. She has never given me a moment of grief or trouble since the day she was born. She has pretty much been a perfect child. Her and I are very close. It was just weird to hear her have sex lol.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 09:02PM

Um...if she's into giraffes I think you have a pretty serious problem...

Date: May 23, 2013 09:05PM

giraffes are somewhat predictable though :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 09:14PM

It doesn't necessarily mean that she's gay. Heterosexual girls sometimes practice (mild) sexual behavior on each other long before they are ready to try it out on boys.

I wouldn't make a big deal over this. I'd just use it as a springboard to frank discussions with her on sexual topics. Let her know that you accept her as a sexual being but that along with burgeoning sexuality comes numerous responsibilities of an emotional, moral and practical nature.

Date: May 23, 2013 09:19PM

you're right. Right now I'm just trying to be supportive and neutral.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.