Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: May 24, 2013 10:16AM

The jury foreman reported on ABC's "Good Morning America" that he is convinced that Jody Arias was physically and emotionally abused by Travis Alexander. I simply can't believe it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2013 10:17AM by senoritalamanita.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: May 24, 2013 10:49AM

Ha! He probably has a crush on her and thinks he could save her.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: May 24, 2013 11:48AM

I wouldn't doubt it!

It never ceases to amaze me how victims are so viciously trashed and murderers glorified like rock stars. How can jurors be so obtuse?

I worked in a legal office near the courthouse during the O.J. trial. It lasted 11 months! Talk about a zoo. There was the media, demonstrators, weirdo worshipers of O.J.

I was 12 and living in West Hollywood at the time of the Tate/La Bianca murders. Our community was terrified when it happened and we wondered who could commit such heinous crimes.

I remember how disappointed I was when the death sentence was overturned for every death row inmate in 1972 by the California Supreme Court and commuted to a life sentence. This included Manson and his convicted "girls," -- as well as Sirhan Sirhan, and other famous murderers.

Now Manson sits in jail and has groupies all across the world.

Not to be morbid, but out of curiosity I viewed the autopsy photos of Travis Alexander. The man was slaughtered like an animal and no doubt he suffered horribly during the attack.

How some members of the jury can have sympathy for her "as a battered woman" is beyond me. I don't even know how they could even think she was emotionally and physically battered. There was no proof whatsoever to support these allegations.

And besides, she was being tried in a court of law, not Mr. Alexander.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2013 01:40PM by senoritalamanita.

Posted by: emma forgot login ( )
Date: May 24, 2013 01:20PM

I can't even fathom someone not being able to see through her crap. It's so transparent. She is obviously a psychopath who simmered and raged when Travis decided she wasn't marriage material.
I don't doubt for a minute that he used her for pleasure, and that she was indeed his "dirty little secret", but that isn't the same as abuse.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: May 24, 2013 01:22PM

At any rate, it's probably true, but does not justify murder. Only in the act of self-defense would it be justified.

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: May 24, 2013 01:36PM

According to the evidence, there were text messages from him that were very emotionally abusive. There's no evidence of physical abuse.

I never saw the photos of Travis' slaughtered body, but the descriptions alone makes me sick to my stomach. From the description of his murder, it's clear she is a deranged individual who should never see the light of day. I believe she should never be let into the general population again.

I'm not surprised this is happening. There hasn't been a woman put to death in Arizona since the 1930s when there were hangings. Not-so-fun fact: the woman's head popped right off.

According to quite a few legal analysts, the death penalty should be reserved for serial killers. Given the chance, I have no doubt she could've become serial, or at least coordinated murders at the hands of her male admirers. Kinda like a Charles MANSON thing.

The only hope we have now is life with no parole.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.