Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 08:31AM

Haven't been here since Saturday--came back to catch up on your story. That is interesting that you haven't gotten a letter. My ex didn't get his e-mail sent until Thursday. I'll let you know when he gets a letter--if he does.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 24, 2011 09:14AM

It just occurred to me--is your membership in the ward you live in? I haven't been active in YEARS, but I live in the same place I was active and my membership is still located. I wonder if they had to get your membership location updated--work through all the red tape so they could inform the SP and bishop.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:57AM

My first letter was dated the same day as my email. Letter from bishop or whatever dated 13 days later. 49 days from onset and still waiting for final letter; but the four-color glossy brochure from the Big 3 asking me to come back remains a source of amusement.

Date: January 24, 2011 01:34PM

I thought the pamphlet was amusing, too. Do they really think that it is helpful? They think if they "talk to us" with that emotional manipulation in that pamphlet and talk to us as though we are "stupid"--we are going to go, "Oh, I was SO WRONG. Oh my--I must go back." If they really think that tactic will work with someone who has made the decision to resign--they are a lot more dense than I thought they were.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:47PM

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:59PM

I took a week and one half for me to get the first. I emailed it on Dec 31 and I got first letter first week of Jan. I cannot remember the day but I posted a woohoo on it. Still all quiet on second.

I would email a second one.

I left 8 years ago and no one knew where I was and I was never contacted by the church during that time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 01:00PM by wondering.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.