Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 04:16PM

Do you feel you've grown up in a home/environment whether it be at home, school, work, church, abusive mentally, emotionally, physically or psychologically?

If so, you're not alone. The key to understanding ourselves better and the path we desire and choose to follow, all starts with a deeper understanding of the dynamics of the environment we came from and how it affected us then, and how it affects us today.

Did you consciously or unconsciously suppress experiences in your life that were a one time deal, or something that was repetitive in nature for your own self preservation?

Have you since found ways to a better understanding of who you are, where you come from and what you can do now and plan on doing to fill up those empty areas of your life that you once had as a child?

Has some qualities and characteristics about yourself been missing in action for a long time due to being hurt, abused, confused and lack of trust for good reason?

Or have you continued to remain closed off, too afraid or timid to move forward at a rate that's comfortable for you, because you still fear getting stepped on?

Have you decided for yourself, enough is enough and I want to know, and feel what it means to smile,laugh, trust and love myself and others outside myself once more?

If you desire to find love joy and peace within yourself again, what are the necessary first steps one must take for that to happen in their own life?

You don't have to answer, analyze, assume, dictate, over read, over interpret the questions at hand. Maybe those questions can relate to you in your life somehow at the given moment. Other questions may not relate to your life at this time either. It all starts with you and how you interpret it and if you'd like to make certain changes in your life that you're comfortable with.

It's up to you if you'd like to share your story or not, or just quietly reflect on the things that have upset your personal balance while thinking about the things that have brought you joy and peace and the stuff that works for you. Any personal life stories are welcome.

I appreciate hearing from others stories because it helps me learn better that way instead of finger pointing or judging. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.