Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FullTimeLurker ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 09:48PM

Sorry, just got ask about LifeAdvantage out of Sandy, Utah. The company markets Protandim. Any first hand experience with company or product?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 09:50PM

LifeAdvantage sounds like an MLM. They usually have ridiculous sounding names.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 10:08PM

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:17AM

it's good enough for me. I'm sold! Where can I buy some of this wonderful ambrosia?

Posted by: flo, the nevermo ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 11:01PM

Posted by: Brian Macfarland ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:08AM

Don't trust somebody who's name is LAZY MAN.

http://protandimretort.com/

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:44AM

Brian? Are you in Donny's downline????

;o)

Posted by: happyhollyhomeaker ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 11:51PM

I've noticed that there are about ten thousand "health focused" MLMs in Utah.
If Utah is as health conscious as they seem, why is it that practically everyone in Utah obese and apparently not interested in anything but Disney movies and eating frozen custard??

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 08:36AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protandim#Composition

Protandim consists mainly of a blend of 5 herbal ingredients (amounts per caplet listed in parentheses):

Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) extract (225 mg)
Bacopa (Bacopa monniera) extract (150 mg)
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root (150 mg)
Green tea (Camellia sinensis) extract (75 mg)
Turmeric (Curcuma Ionga) extract (75 mg)

Additional ingredients include: calcium, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, modified cellulose, silica, and stearic acid.[citation needed]
Side effects

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protandim#Human_clinical_studies

Two studies of Protandim have been conducted in human subjects. One of these studies, a non-randomized, non-controlled trial, reported that Protandim increased the levels of the antioxidant enzymes SOD and catalase in red blood cells while reducing TBAR levels in blood plasma.[7][24]

The second study, a double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled trial published by McCord and colleagues in 2012, examined the effect of Protandim on pulmonary oxidative stress and alveolar epithelial permeability in 30 recovering alcoholics.[25] Protandim (14 subjects at a dose of 1350 mg/day; double the daily dose recommended by the manufacturer) or placebo (in 16 subjects) were administered for 7 days. Relative to placebo-treatment, Protandim had no significant effects on alveolar epithelial permeability or on oxidative stress, epithelial growth factor, fibroblast growth factor, interleukin-1β, and interleukin-10 levels in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. Treatment with placebo, however, produced a significant reduction in plasma levels of TBARS, a marker of oxidative stress (i.e., lipid peroxidation).

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:30PM

Hahahaha!

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:18PM

I like the recall due to possible inclusion of small metal fragments.

Posted by: qwerty6pack ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:56AM

MLMs

Great way to waste time, lose money, and make a fool of yourself.

Oh, I meant Mormonism,

Great way to waste time, lose money...

Years ago I worked for a top dog at "Forever Living" products (Aloe Vera). It was all a scam. His downline didn't really provide the income, he had a salary from a huge Asian operation that he helped start.

People believing they could do what he did never had a chance, they never knew the truth, and I was lucky as hell to learn about MLM inside B.S. while I was still young.

Http://saltydroid.info

Posted by: exmodaddy ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 02:53PM

I was approached by a guy in a marketing mastermind group that I used to go to, and he told me that he was going to be marketing Protandim. Fortunately, my BS-o-Meter has become more finely tuned over time through my Mormonism recovery process. I turned him down.

Funny thing is, his approach reminded me of a Mormon missionary's approach. While we were chatting on Skype, I did some research about Protandim, and found out it was self-described as a network marketing company (also known as MLM). At the same time, he told me that it was a direct marketing company. Two plus two does not equal three, so I told him I would pass on the "opportunity".

This is total Utah MLM BS.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:19PM

I would make an observation.
It is possible that many of these products could have merit.
However the marketing system is so deception oriented as to delete all believability in the product.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 03:20PM by thedesertrat1.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.