Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 04:00AM

http://www.millennialstar.org/guest-post-harry-reid-fireside-canceled-because-of-politics/comment-page-1/

"
Members of her stake apparently threatened to protest with signs and to heckle Harry Reid from the audience (in a fireside about a person’s testimony! — I would guess that these same people are the type who would strongly discourage clapping after a musical number at a fireside). It seems that Senator Reid even received some threats of violence causing concern for his safety that ultimately got the fireside canceled.
"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 05:55AM by Nick Humphrey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:13AM

Growing up I was always told the Mormon priesthood would stand up and save the constitution. I never thought a Mormon senator would play a huge part in trampling it. I can understand why he isn't well liked, many Mormons view him as a traitor.

But with Reid's Nevada gaming commission ties, he gets the Nevada votes because he can shut down any gaming operation that doesn't play ball with him. He can take too many jobs away.

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:38AM

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:07PM

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Posted by: glad2bout ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:14AM

I guess that means no raising the right arm to the square to rid the evil horde during the fireside. Mormons threatening violence against another mormon? Politics trumps religious principles, but then that is almost always the case.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:31PM

I don't think it's a case of mormons threatening violence against another mormon ... at least not from the conservative mormon point of view.

They are threatening violence against a man who is pretending to be mormon. Because no true mormon would join the Democratic Party. Therefore, Senator Reid is not a man with a mind of his own, but a minion of Satan. Satan is trying to infiltrate the fireside meetings of Good Mormons through the soft voice of Reid. Satan cannot think of anything better to do with his time.

Mormons are even more screwed than I thought if they can't open the door wide enough to let in a famous mormon like Reid. Hell, Reid isn't even homosexual.

Naturally, it the Good and Righteous Mormons who are threatening violence against one of their own. Danites anyone?

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:45AM

TBMs are raised to be republican and hate any opposing view.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:52AM

From where I'm sitting, it looks like America is a one-party state with a colourful fringe on either side. Harry's firmly in the 'in' party.

What's odd is as much as TBMs may be raised to be Republicans, I was taught that we were raised to be Mormons first. It's odd that Harry's priesthood doesn't afford him a pass. --But then, that's me presuming too much.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:58AM

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:07PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:13PM

but look at his republican opposition in the election.

That's the kind of people mormons support ?

Yikes !!!

Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:53PM

Yeah,
But Mormons still love Mitt Romney even though he shifted to support gay marage and abortion rights. This is disgusting

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:24PM

They seem too dimwitted to realize that Mitt Romney is a flip flopper and shifted his stance to support gay marriage BECAUSE HE IS A REPUBLICAN!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.