Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:13AM

Raising a glass to her. I miss you mom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:19AM

I'm sad, too. I feel like I know your mom through your recent posts. (I hope the writing was therapeutic for you).

My mother suffered from mental illness when I was a child, also. Back then the meds weren't as good and it took some time to get it all straightened out. Some of my memories are similar to yours.

Love,
Shannon ;o)

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:22AM

I'll drink one to both of you! I lost my dad 2 1/2 years ago, and still miss him terribly. Reading your story this morning, has been wonderful, and heartbreaking at the same time. I'm glad to know you...

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:23AM

and sad for the sad memories. My thoughts and good wishes are with you this day.

My stepfather died on father's day and I find it very melancholy as it approaches each year now. But I enjoy the good memories that come along with it. :)

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:23AM

I only found your family story threads last night, and read them all in succession (hint for others, click on his name, and click on show all posts to find them easily).

What a story. Don't know what to say about it, other than to say it's too bad that mental health problems could impact a family so greatly in such a negative way.

It's too bad that being different in a mormon ward comes with such a penalty, and that ward members feel alright about taking over other people's lives.

I'm glad that my first sexual experience wasn't the heterosexual equivalent of yours.

I don't know if it is just your online persona, or a real life one, but it's cool that you came away with a positive upbeat personality out of all that.

Just wanted to share some thoughts I had from reading your story. Now I'll raise a glass too.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:24AM

My dad passed away on January 26, 2000. My 32nd birthday.

I still miss him.

Love to you, Mikey.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:24AM

Here's to you and your mom. Both my parents are gone and I miss them, so I know how you feel, I think. Wishing you a good day, cherish the good memories and just fling the bad... :)

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:25AM

of my dad passed away for 4 years. Try to make it a good day, full of good memories. ok gaylayale.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.