Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 04:37PM

caused quad heart surgery....My blood pressure has been "perfect for the last 2 months in rehab. I went back on this board and posted several times. I thought I was recovered but found I still have some anger over the morg stealing my money, kids, wives, and childhood etc. This morning, right after posting I went to rehab and had the higest blood presssure I have ever had since the operation. I hate that cult. Just posting makes me upset again, reminds me of the living hell I was in. They were 70% of my life stress that led to heart disease at 62 years old. No grandparents, no parents, no brothers or sisters and no total family had any history of heart disase. Sure I did over eat due to guilt etc. but trying to be perfect I could never due and I had nothing but guilt and poor self esteem due to their doctrine. I hated myself while in the cult..Now life is good and I hope I live long enough now, without their guilt, hate, stress etc. to see them fall.....I will continue to post for they have no power over me. I just have to recover more so that my body does not fail again too early. A life is a terrible thing to waste....this cult can and will lead to an early grave..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 04:39PM

The Morg did not cause stress on you that caused quad heart attack surgery.

(running like hell)

Ron

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:18PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 04:53PM

Meditation might help. Seriously. Look after yourself.

BTW, you post like a 30-year-old! ;o))

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 07:26AM

Ron, your medical diagnosis is much appreciated....I am gad to hear from experts that know from medical and personal experience the results of stress on human beings. Most of your post cause me stress, but like Ron White says...you can't fix stupid....I have measured my blood pressure, my diebetic sugars, my psycotropic meds, and they all indicate morg stress causes me to respond with life destroying medical side effects. I believe the morg caused deadly stress in my life, and since you know me so well, and your medical degree, I guess you may be right....not. lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 07:29AM by get her done.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:19AM

is toxic mentally & physically in ways that are beyond our immediate comprehension.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:21AM

I have no doubt that the morg can cause such illnesses. I just thought you could use a laugh and if calling me "stupid" makes you feel better or laugh, then my job is completed. :D

Ron

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:40AM

You said: "Don't tell me that the morg did not cause stress..."

and Ron said: "The Morg did not cause stress..."

He was lightening the mood. Humor is really good for stress, and I recommend you indulge in some hearty belly laughing, asap. You'll feel better!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 10:40AM by wine country girl.

Posted by: ObserveThis ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:37AM

Use that angst in a positive way..
When you feel yourself getting worked up, think, "wait, my mind is in a better place, i have so much to LIVE for now" and take that with you in your workout, or rehab..

Try not to look in the rear-view mirror.. Look out of the windshield, towards the things that bring you happiness NOW.

"Now life is good", you say.. So, seize the day!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:57AM

The church may very well have -- and probably did -- cause the stress. But the heart disease is what caused you to have quad surgery and the best cure for stress is exercise.

A very low-fat vegetarian diet, rich in plants, nuts and seeds, and plenty of exercise every. single. day. can reverse heart disease. Google Dr. Dean Ornish.

Don't blame the church for poor eating habits and lack of exercise. Plenty of mormons still manage to eat healthfully and get to the gym or work out somehow. If your health is important enough to you, you will find a way to keep working on it. If you once chose to allow the church to take priority over your own health, that choice is on you and not the fault of the church at all.

And I agree with the post upthread that suggested channeling that distress into the energy you need to rehab and get healthy again. Your best rebellion is healthy living.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:42PM

The last thing you need is to stroke or have a brain bleed. They thought I had a brain bleed this last year. The stress of Hubby's heart problem, rehab and then the board crashing did me in. They actually wanted to admit me the day we were coming back on line but I would not go because I knew Eric and Nick were bringing us up while I was gone and I had to get back ASAP! I am a smooth talker, I got them to do the CATscan, I already had the meds at home (Hubby takes them) and promised to rest. Hubby had a stroke a few years back and I did NOT want to go there.

You might want to check out my walking game. It is very easy moderate fun exercise. I like it because I can make the sun shine and when you live in PNWest that counts for something! I can just space out and go for a nice little walk down at the beach, then up the mountain, into town, out to the light house. I really enjoy it. I have even started to enjoy some of the pop music from Japan. And don't worry, you can pick what you want to listen to.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/walkitout/index.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.