Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: June 21, 2013 12:15PM

https://www.lds.org/church/events/the-work-of-salvation-missionary-broadcast?lang=eng

A quote below from the screenshot of the new church website “Hastening the Work of Salvation: A Unified Effort in Conversion, Retention, and Activation”

'Increasing numbers of youth have responded to a prophet's call, hastening the growth of missionary work'

Note to TSCC - you seem to be trying to hoodwink members into believing that the DEMAND for missionaries is increasing around the world, when in reality it's just an increase (some temporarily) in the SUPPLY of missionaries. The two are very different and shouldn't be confused.

I think the word 'hastening' now even beats my previously most detested LDS word, 'tender'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 21, 2013 12:19PM

Sherlock:

those buzz-words are Necessary for the work to 'roll down the mountain'!

it would be heresy to use everyday street language, don't U know?

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: June 21, 2013 12:21PM

That picture on the website makes it look as fun as a funeral directors convention

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2013 12:35PM by ladell.

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: June 21, 2013 02:38PM

I learned a lot of new words after joining the cult. "Hastening" is but one of them. I always hated the word "ponder". I had never heard it used and have thought of ponds every time it is mentioned ever since, which is many years.

The cult uses an awful lot of old out-dated words and should modernize their language a little. I once used the word "ward" in a doctor's office to a Mormon intern and the Dr thought we were discussing a hospital. Culties have a lot of words like that, they sound silly to outsiders.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 21, 2013 02:52PM

Not nearly as fed up as I am over Mormon abuse of the word "even."

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:02PM

... striving to be righteous and yearning to come down ...

Well, if you have a digital LDS cliche' generator you can turn your brain completely OFF and no one will be the wiser. Just keep pushing the button and you will sound normal in TBM land.

Years ago I actually created a "Digital Testimony" and gave it to my exmo brother a gift. He showed it to me when I visited him a couple weeks ago. I wonder if it's posted on his website. Dunno.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:29PM

Even
Moisture
Nourish and strengthen
Name removal
Put forth the effort
Spirichul
Spirit of contention
Middle initials
First initial and middle name
Flip, fetch, and oh my heck.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:32PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.