Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: habiff ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:37AM

Have you heard of any rituals that are after the second anointing in the temple. Because the ordinances are just rehashed free masonry rituals to entrench the member more into the church. This is of course after each member has been vetted and church broke. Do the elites in the church have their inner circle with its own ordinances that average members don't know about? Kind of like the York rite of free masonry. As they progress up in the church are more secret or sacred rituals are performed other than the endowment and second annointing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 01:38PM

No higher rituals that I have heard mention. After all, what is left? The Second Anointing makes sure your calling and election, you are ordained a king and priest and to become a member of a godhood. And all of this is unconditional unless, like me, you commit the unpardonable sin.

Apparently I can lie, cheat and steal, commit adultery and all manner of 'sins' even murder innocent women and children (e.g. Mountain Meadows Massacre and John D. Lee). Worse punishment will be that I may have to 'suffer the buffetings of Satan in the flesh', but I would have been exalted. By telling the truth, however, and denying the Holy Ghost, I will become a son of perdition and not even achieve the telestial kingdom but be cast into 'outer darkness'. Even Adolf Hitler can inherit a telestial glory. So, in the judgement of the Mormon God, ordering the execution of 6 million human beings is less of a sin than telling the truth about church doctrine.

How crazy is that? Initially it scared the hell out of me as I had been so programmed.

Simple answer to your question, I am not aware of further rituals and see no need for them.

Tom Phillips

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 02:04PM

anointedone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Simple answer to your question, I am not aware of
> further rituals and see no need for them.
>

Do you see a need for any of the rituals?

Date: June 22, 2013 02:10PM

No need for any rituals since it was all made up (plagiarised) by Joseph Smith.

Wine should be used for enjoyment, as in your name, wcg. Not for some fictional 'ritual'.

Live and let live, apply the 'Golden Rule'. If rituals are necessary I would guess it is for the purpose of 'conditioning' or 'brainwashing'.

Posted by: destiny ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 01:58PM

Wow, Tom. We're all going to be there in outer darkness with you but you will be our King. Since you've been so anointed. Awesome.

Date: June 22, 2013 02:01PM

We'll all have a great party.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:33PM

I'll bring the wine! ;o)

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:57PM

Sure, this is part of a JS quote, buuut...
"..And if we go to hell, we will turn the devils out of doors and make a heaven of it."
Sounds better than a celestial kingdom filled with TBMs, no?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 02:10PM

If I understand this right, "Second Annointing" was done more often in the earliest LDS generations, but is rare nowadays. Further, it assures the recepient (along with his wives, I presume) of more than mere membership in the CK, but exalation to actual godhood?

My guess is that "Second Annointing" was becoming theologically awkward. Cults typically just move away from bad doctrine, and hope people just forget about it, rather than consciously re-asses and admit error/change.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have a somewhat similar situation. They believe that they, and they alone, will be part of the 144,000 sealed for the (one-level) Kingdom of Heaven. But as time passed, they realized that their membership well exceeded a mere 144K. So they developed a two-tier salvation mode. The earlier generations comprised the 144K, and that number is now complete and closed. The rest will have to settle for a perfect, heavenly "New Earth." JW's (and only JW's) get to inhabit that New Earth, in unlimited numbers.

Oh, the problems with "progressive revelation," i.e. "we make it up as we go along."

Posted by: Inspired Stupidity ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 07:42PM

There are people on rfm who know Masonry better than I, but I always thought the 2nd Anointing did complete the Masonic sytem.

There are three basic degrees in Masonry and, if I am correct, lots of additional degrees and orders that are not part of the fundamental system. The fundamental degrees are Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason.

After the creation of the 2nd Anointing, Mormonism had the same class structure. There are baptised Mormons (Entered Apprentices), endowed Mormons (Fellow Craft), and Second-Anointed Mormons (Master Masons). As Anointed One said, the third degree Mormons have been promised everything. So in terms of blessings and in terms of Masonic symbolism, the system is complete.

The various offices of the priesthood--everything from deacon to apostle and prophet, patriarch, church patriarch, etc.--would then be the equivalent of the (confusing) other orders and degrees in Masonry. So it seems logical to finish the LDS hierarchy with the 2nd Anointing and third, and highest, class of Mormons being promised exaltation.

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 07:55PM

I'd love to know what rites take place when someone is 'ordained' as one of Q12, or even a 70. Is it just a prayer is said with hands on head or maybe something more?

Posted by: justbnme ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 08:51PM

Having the distinct pleasure of having met Tom, I can guarantee he is no son on perdition. He is a gentleman.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:24PM

Tom knows the church is not true. Therefore the MADE-UP doctrine as defined by TSCC regarding "son of perdition" is likewise not true.

Tom, you have nothing to worry about on that issue.

We just wish your family would look, learn and live the truth with you!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.