Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:44PM

While we expect it to be some minor missionary policy adjustment, what would genuinely impress you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:45PM

We are refunding all the tithing that members who have resigned had paid. Bring in tax returns to prove how much you paid.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:48PM

We're selling it all and giving it to the poor.

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:53PM

We are ending bishop's interviews.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:59PM

We admit that Joseph Smith had moral failings, and that he was wrong to marry other men's wives and illegally destroy the Nauvoo Expositor printing press. We wish to open a dialogue on the history of the church with critics and ex members of the church and try to find some common ground, for which one apostle will make himself available each month for a two hour discussion with a prominent critic of the church or ex mormon group. We may not agree, but we are committed to at least listen to the other side and hear their feelings, and we ask to be listened to in return. We hope that this will create a greater feeling of peace and respect between us.

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 08:51PM

Not sure if I'd go for the dialogue with exmos. It seems they would twist it so that they look like good guys for "listening"

But in reality listening is not enough. Actions are needed. Such as repudiation of almost all Mormon doctrine - and the MLM system under which they extort income from hard working people around the globe.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 07:03PM

I predict it's a new member missionary program designed to create a lot of hype and excitement.

Posted by: orange ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 07:03PM

The 15 will now start paying their tithes.

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 08:42PM

Somebody already suggested they will be sharing a new "app" for missionaries and bishops etc. to use.BFD. But maybe they'll also talk about reactivating instead of tracting.

Really huge would be:

Tithing refunds for all!

We're actually not a "church" - just a business and the Temple is bogus but we will now use the buildings for concerts (just like the Masons do) instead of the silly fake ceremonies we've been pushing all these years.

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 08:42PM

Somebody already suggested they will be sharing a new "app" for missionaries and bishops etc. to use.BFD. But maybe they'll also talk about reactivating instead of tracting.

Really huge would be:

Tithing refunds for all!

We're actually not a "church" - just a business and the Temple is bogus but we will now use the buildings for concerts (just like the Masons do) instead of the silly fake ceremonies we've been pushing all these years.

Posted by: feelinglight ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 08:56PM

Nothing they can say will impress.....it will be do missionary work, dead dunking and by all means, pay your tithing!

Posted by: Oncewasblind ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:01PM

No more temple recommends to get into the temple but as long as you attend regularly and be the best person you can be then you will be allowed into the temple.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:02PM

"We are no longer sending missionaries abroad. Every member will go door to door tracting in their own neighborhoods for 4 hours every Saturday morning."

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:10PM

If it's that, I'm going to have to put a locked gate at the end of the driveway. I live next door to a Stake Center, so I might have to electrify the fence as well.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:23PM

"The MTC is closing in three hours. Pack and be ready to leave. All missionaries in the field are being recalled immediately. I received this directly from Heavenly Father. We have been selling a false gospel and must discontinue."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 09:24PM by rhgc.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 10:08PM

I'd be impressed if they moved out of the 1950s, and allowed missionaries to dress business casual, rather than the Cult uniform of white shirt and tie.

Instead, it will probably be something like the missionaries can do actual helping in communities "occasionally" (good) but they will more than offset it by making them wear the bright yellow "helping-hands" vests proclaiming they are Cult members.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 10:13PM

There will be Signs on each/all of the Temples, ala the old McDonalds ones: "(x) 'served"...

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 10:38PM

The Lord has informed us that the Sun will Super-Nova on the 5th of July.

Enjoy the 4th of July Holiday with your family!

Or so it seems to me...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.